Do you wish you had gone to a different med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which of these scenarios describes your choice?

• I had multiple acceptances and I doubt if I made the right decision.

Votes: 26 20.3%
  • I had multiple acceptances and I don't doubt if I made the right decision.

Votes: 63 49.2%
  • I had one acceptance and I regret not having had others.

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • I had one acceptance and I don't doubt I made the right decision.

Votes: 21 16.4%

• Total voters

GeniusofLove

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you wish you had gone to a different med school...?

Did you have multiple choices?

Why do you wish you had picked differently?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you wish you had gone to a different med school...?

Did you have multiple choices?

Why do you wish you had picked differently?

No

No

I like my school, but would prefer to have in state tuition. If I had been accepted to my state school I woulod have gone there instead to save money. The best scenerio would be that my school would count me as a resident since I live 14 miles from the school, but thats not gonna happen.

I like my school, but would prefer to have in state tuition. If I had been accepted to my state school I woulod have gone there instead to save money. The best scenerio would be that my school would count me as a resident since I live 14 miles from the school, but thats not gonna happen.

Do you live right over the state line?

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of times I wish I had gone somewhere warm.

I had 1 acceptance to my state school (didn't want to go there), got off the waitlist to my school now.

I really didn't like UH's curriculum. I would've liked to have been near home and warm, but other than that I'm glad I'm at MCW.

The school is KU Med and it is right by the state line (Kansas and Missouri). (Literally, the road "State Line" runs right by the school.) I live in Kansas City Missouri.

Wow, that really sucks.

What about the west or west coast do you guys miss?

What about the west or west coast do you guys miss?

The mountains, the ocean (though I can adapt to that -- did it in college), the food (haven't found Mexican food that's anywhere near as good as CA or AZ in WI, there's even access to local Hawaiian type food in CA, but not here), the people (people in WI are nice, but they mostly just want to stay here, some don't even seem open to traveling). I don't mind cold, as long as it's not beyond freezing for months.

After growing up in So Cal, HI, and college in AZ, I like to do stuff year round. I really don't like it when it hurts to breathe.

love it love it love it.

the snowboarding isn't phenomenal but you can find places to go. the food isn't as diverse, but the people are way friendlier.

the school itself is phenomenal. I have minimal complaints and those that I have are trivial and I'd probably have equal or greater complaints anywhere.

love it love it love it.

the snowboarding isn't phenomenal but you can find places to go. the food isn't as diverse, but the people are way friendlier.

the school itself is phenomenal. I have minimal complaints and those that I have are trivial and I'd probably have equal or greater complaints anywhere.

I love my school and I love pagemmapants.

I do wish you had made those poll questions a little easier to understand though. I mean, seriously, med students have to take english, right?

I love my school and am happy here, but the tuition really sucks. It would've been nice to have been accepted to a UC, just for the in-state tuition.

Btw, I voted, but I'm kicking myself for decisions I made before applying (e.g. only applying to UCLA and UCSF, and not applying to UCD or UCI), not decisions made after acceptance.

The mountains, the ocean (though I can adapt to that -- did it in college), the food (haven't found Mexican food that's anywhere near as good as CA or AZ in WI, there's even access to local Hawaiian type food in CA, but not here), the people (people in WI are nice, but they mostly just want to stay here, some don't even seem open to traveling). I don't mind cold, as long as it's not beyond freezing for months.

After growing up in So Cal, HI, and college in AZ, I like to do stuff year round. I really don't like it when it hurts to breathe.
What she said. Also, most of our friends and family are in NV, so it's a much shorter plane ride from the west coast or rockies than from Washington, DC!

I'm grateful for the doors that will be opened (or so I'm told) via the contacts made at my med school and the cache of the name.... but I'm quite unhappy after 3 years in New York City and I can't wait to leave. I'm a displaced outdoor enthusiast and I'm stifled, stifled, stifled.

Wish I had actually gotten into a different med school. Oh well deal with the cards you have.