DocHunter....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PainMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dochunter,

So my Army HPSP recuiter says his contract states in writing that I will go into intership/residency right after med school even if I need a deferment to go into a civilian program. Also, he said not even war can pull me out of a residency once I start.

Blowing smoke? He said all other branches cannot match this....your thoughts

Members don't see this ad.

Dochunter,

It does sound a bit like he is blowing smoke. The contract guarantees that you will have a residency, but for what? What the needs of the Army are, that's what. That is going to be true with all of the branches.

As far as the whole wont go to war during residency bit, that is because there are no billets for residents on the front lines. Since there is absolutely no possibility of you needing to go to the front lines, he isn't making you any big promises.

I am currently in the Army (and am applying for the Air Force scholarship because they take better care of their people), so if I can help you with an 'insider's' point of view let me know.

Ben

Sorry,

That last post was directed to 3mc1dj, not Dochunter. If anyone wants to know anything about the Army lemme know.

Ben