Doctor charged in fatal prescription overdoses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrightLight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
Why all the disapproving attitude? Let's say you are a physician and you have many patients here constantly nagging you about narcotics for themselves. When you try to act as their mothers (as if their mothers actually did their job of bring up the kids) and lecture them about how bad overdosing themselves with narcotics is, they blew up and start to yell at you, beat up your staff, set fire on your office, jerking off in front off you, and do everything in their might to prevent you from taking care of treating legitimate patients. If you still don't wake up but insist on doing on what God has given up doing and try to bring them back to the righteous path, I would say you are doing harm--harm to the society by allowing these parasites to persist and drain resources. :scared:

Why all the disapproving attitude? Let's say you are a physician and you have many patients here constantly nagging you about narcotics for themselves. When you try to act as their mothers (as if their mothers actually did their job of bring up the kids) and lecture them about how bad overdosing themselves with narcotics is, they blew up and start to yell at you, beat up your staff, set fire on your office, jerking off in front off you, and do everything in their might to prevent you from taking care of treating legitimate patients. If you still don't wake up but insist on doing on what God has given up doing and try to bring them back to the righteous path, I would say you are doing harm--harm to the society by allowing these parasites to persist and drain resources. :scared:

oh yeah...you're real Christian brother. I hope I never run across you IRL.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

That's a scary looking cop. I'd probably soil myself if he charged into my clinic and arrested me. :laugh:

In the legal aspects, I'm not sure if the deaths could be pinned on the doctor if the patients took the medicine as prescribed. If they took 6 when the MDD is 2, that is out of her control. Granted her other practices make her seem like a shady pill-mill doc to begin with, but that doesn't mean that she "overdosed" them. If she gave an opioid naive patient 30mg IR oxys on top of a 100mcg fentanyl patch, that would be totally her fault, but I'm not sure that is what happened.

That's a scary looking cop. I'd probably soil myself if he charged into my clinic and arrested me. :laugh:

In the legal aspects, I'm not sure if the deaths could be pinned on the doctor if the patients took the medicine as prescribed. If they took 6 when the MDD is 2, that is out of her control. Granted her other practices make her seem like a shady pill-mill doc to begin with, but that doesn't mean that she "overdosed" them. If she gave an opioid naive patient 30mg IR oxys on top of a 100mcg fentanyl patch, that would be totally her fault, but I'm not sure that is what happened.

This is a good point. If the patients were not taking the medication as directed, then it may be difficult to prove that the doctor directly caused their deaths. It will depend on toxicology tests. Also, these patients were dealing on the streets. How do we know they weren't using other medications on top of what the doctor prescribed? Granted, this doctor is shady and probably shouldn't have narcotic script writing privileges but she didn't actually administer the drug to them (like Michael Jackson's doctor administered the Propofol), she only prescribed it. They were able to pick it up from the pharmacy so the pharmacist didn't see a potentially deadly dose. Interesting case.

Don't worry buddy. Bunch of tree-huggers on here that want the government to wipe everyones asses from the cradle to the grave.:smuggrin:

This is a good point. If the patients were not taking the medication as directed, then it may be difficult to prove that the doctor directly caused their deaths. It will depend on toxicology tests. Also, these patients were dealing on the streets. How do we know they weren't using other medications on top of what the doctor prescribed? Granted, this doctor is shady and probably shouldn't have narcotic script writing privileges but she didn't actually administer the drug to them (like Michael Jackson's doctor administered the Propofol), she only prescribed it. They were able to pick it up from the pharmacy so the pharmacist didn't see a potentially deadly dose. Interesting case.

It's just because of all the bull**** sensationalism surrounding narcotics in the media -- they have to find a scapegoat. Total bull**** if you ask me.

Because this country is made up of weak sauce cry babies. We use up 80% of world's pain meds, the rest of the world must all be tough ninja commandos compared to us.

Because this country is made up of weak sauce cry babies. We use up 80% of world's pain meds, the rest of the world must all be tough ninja commandos compared to us.

...or else the rest of the world is just not higher than Keith ****ing Richards circa 1968