doctor shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

limbo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

i was wondering anyone could tell me the best way to get involved in a doctor shadowing program. the only problem is, i graduated a while back so i am no longer affiliated with any schools.

limbo

Members don't see this ad.

I just called drs around where I was going to college even before I got there and asked them if they minded if I came in and volunteered/shadowed...Kind of like my volunteerism is "paying" for them letting me shadow them--one responded!

limbo said:
Hi all.

i was wondering anyone could tell me the best way to get involved in a doctor shadowing program. the only problem is, i graduated a while back so i am no longer affiliated with any schools.

limbo

Do you know any doctors? Friends who are doctors or work in a hospital? If so get names or recommendations. If not, is there a specialty you'd like to pursue? You can always call a local hospital, it doesn't have to be associated with a school to count as shadowing. itr's an awesome experience and well worth the time and effort. Just make sure they know you ar epre-med and ask a lot of questions and express your desire to get involved as much a feasible and say you want to see everything.

limbo said:
Hi all.

limbo

Several hospitals im familiar with control shadowing through their HR department. Sometimes it may be helpful to call the HR/staff development people and ask what they have available. Or the volunteer coordinator.