Doctor thinks I have no right to ask him for an ID........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stopped reading after a while, but with all do respect, who really cares if he is picking up zpaks and medrol dose packs illegitimately. When he starts going for the controls then I would have a problem.

Well then you didn't read far enough. The doctor IS picking up controls, and just did the zpaks and medrol occasionally to try to hide the fact that he was going for controls. Or was. This was 3 years ago, so who knows if he cleaned up his act or not.

Members don't see this ad.

I am guessing there is a good chance the patient is fake (or he may know her but is still using her ID to get controls for himself). He mixes in the non-controls to make it look like it is not completely fake and thinks he can throw you off. He knows you are on to him and is trying to intimidate you into giving him. I guarantee you that he is not calling the board, next time he comes in offer to call the board for him and see his response. Or just go ahead and report suspicious behavior to the board - it is your right as a Rph. I did that once in a similiar case (a surgeon calling in rxs for him and his wife - ambien, norco for his wife). Turns out he was an addict, had his license suspended, went to rehab, and now practices (last I know) in the area after cleaning up
Yeah my thoughts exactly. I would say he is using opiates or selling them for cash.

I would have probably done the same thing but in all honesty I think I would have waited until he called in another controlled substance to do it. But you did nothing wrong in either case.

First of all, this doctor is the rudest human being I've ever dealt with....
When I first got to this store (early last year), my techs warned me about him and how rude he can be.
I never really interact with him much just to avoid any conflict. The first concern I had about him was that he love to call in scripts for himself. I understand calling in script for yourself every once in a while and in an emergency situation but this is a habit for this doctor. Even when he has another doctor calls in script for him, he will authorize his own refills. Well, I just ignored him just because everyone said to avoid him. It didn't take long before I noticed another concern, he calls scripts under a lady's name but comes to pick up the meds himself. Every single time he calls in prescriptions for this lady, he shows up himself to pick them up. This went on for about a year until 2 weeks ago. When he came in to pick up the Z Pak he called in under this lady's name, I told him that I need a proof that this patient exist. So he either bring her in next time or bring me her ID or I'm not going to dispense anymore script that he calls in under that name. He looked at me in disbelief that I even have the audacity to say that to him.
Well, 2 days ago he called in Medrol dose Pak for the same lady. After getting all the information, I reminded him that I need to see the lady's ID before he can pick up the medication . He went off on me on the phone and demanded to speak to the manager. I transferred him to the shift leader on duty. He called me every name in the book and was threatening fire and brimstone. The SL told him that the pharmacist has the final say and that there's really nothing she can do. He showed up like 45 minutes later with the lady's ID but went to bring the SL to come get his prescription because he does want to look at my face . After picking up the script, he gave the SL a name and ask her to keep it because that person is from the state board and will be contacting her soon because he as reported me to the state board
My concern wasn't just that he picks up this lady's meds, there's no history of any other doctor on her profile in two years. He called in every single prescription on file for her including controls. She also doesn't have insurance so he enrolled her in the PSC. He claims that the lady who is supposed to be in her fifties is bedridden . He has called in everything from contraceptives to controls for her and picked them up himself. He is a plastic surgeon .
Was I wrong for asking for an ID???
Sounds like quite a guy