Doctor Who WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That was one of DVMD's kill nights. So, basically, she got orca then the Daleks got her..
I should have known that. Bad SOV, Bad!

Members don't see this ad.

That ticked me off. I really wanted him lynched, but just couldn't get past the confusion bubble he generated. I didn't want to keep pushing on it TOO hard because that can really come back to bite you in the ass.

Nicely done, SOV.

I was silenced or I totally would have had your back LIS

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, thanks for the game everyone... and thanks IPB and Cuit. I really enjoyed it even if I did complain a bit more than I should have. It was a real mind feck!

Way to go, nyanko for pulling that off! yay daleks (and other associated bad daleks)! Even if we were really lousy at strategizing. I think I PMed everyone "do we really want to kill DVM if she's under suspicion," but we did anyway. I also couldn't decide if enough would not lynch her because of the devyn thing that had just happened--seemed like no one was sure she had actually gone evil (but I was also speed reading on my phone a lot).

I kind of assumed there was more than one group of evil because 4 out of 30 seemed low to me. But then there just kept being only one kill, so it was weird.

I'm also really surprised at how many times I was suspicious in lynches and then not lynched. Was nice.

Thanks cuit and IPB! Fun game!

Nyanko: you gotz mad skillz! that's all I gotta say.

And for crying out loud, I've noticed a teeny little pattern here. I somehow tend to get lynched when I'm silenced. WHY?!?! (actually don't answer that...)

And fantastic game mods!

All I'm going to say is this: Stop taking DVMD's advice and lynching me! :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Good game mods! I still have no idea what was happening half the time though :D

Oh and SOV...not a lie. The first PM I sent to Devyn on day 2 said I thought you were a wolf. She said she had no idea if it was just you being you. Never trusting you again :p (Ok you couldn't kill but still bad!)

Great game, IPB and cuit! :love:

Really enjoyed it, even though it's boring being a villager. :p GO WOLVES!

Members don't see this ad :)
I started off the game with a role exactly like Devyn's (except I could become a Silence member instead of a Dalek). I had decided from the time that I got the role that I was going to convert (evil is more fun and I was rather busy so I figured being a wolf would be easier)... Well, the mods apparently had other plans because when I realized my "wolf" :)rolleyes:) group could not kill or convert and that there was another real wolf group around I knew that it would not be as simple as just being a wolf. I converted on Night 2 which is also the same night that the silence visited me and suggested that I lynch wolfspeaker :)rolleyes:).

So, WS: No, I was not suspicious of you in the slightest. I had been visited by the silence and was told that I HAD to lynch you and all I could say was, "Her posts seem suspicious." You can ask the fellow silence member, but I was slightly annoyed by this, but it worked beautifully... ;) :smuggrin:

SOV, I should have listened to you and killed foxhunter instead of orca. I just didn't want that to look supsicious upon me if foxhunter really was a villager.

Foxhunter, from now on when I wake up and see a PM from you during one of these games, I am ignoring it. You owe me for saving you ass...

Honestly, I think the silence was really a group of chaos characters, besides me none of them could kill, they could not convert anyone and our suggestions were massively failing once krist outed what we could do. It was even more frustrating not being able to say anything about it even though EVERYONE else was talking about them freely in the thread. We didn't realize until the end that we could attempt to use our suggestions to find wolves. We were rather limited in what we could suggest so we didn't realize that would be a possibility.

Nyanko, well-played. I don't think anyone would have lynched you in the end so once LIS died I could tell the wolves had it won. I hope you enjoyed a game in which the wolves had it easy and could actually kill just about every single night.

Honestly, lynching the silence was really a good distraction from getting rid of the daleks. I tried to say so to LIS in PMs (the best that I could) and on the thread but I don't think anyone would have believed it.

Mods, what would have happened if the daleks had all died off and it would have only been the silence against the villagers? Would that have been a villager win then since the silence had no kill ability or was there a plan to give them the ability to kill if that had happened?

Great game, mods!! :)

I started off the game with a role exactly like Devyn's (except I could become a Silence member instead of a Dalek).

Your role was not completely like mine because you did not have the investigation restrictions which ended up ultimately killing me....

This game was beyond hard to follow when I was playing as along with the storyline I had a very busy week. I thus decided to stay a villager.... then, of course, no one fecking believed me and I was lynched..... :laugh:

Oh wells..... goes to show you that someone can choose good over evil.... although rest assured DVM never will... :p

Anyhow.... great game IPB & Cuit!!!!! :D

and P.S. I agree with SnS, SOV - I would never trust you again - after watching you play this game and the last I saw so many similarities in your wolf play that I was very suspicious you were a wolf and was happy when my suspicions were confirmed.. but you can surely talk your way out of a paper bag

This game was beyond hard to follow when I was playing as along with the storyline I had a very busy week. I thus decided to stay a villager.... then, of course, no one fecking believed me and I was lynched..... :laugh:

Oh wells..... goes to show you that someone can choose good over evil.... although rest assured DVM never will... :p

Me? I am the nicest person you will ever meet, I would never, ever choose evil... :smuggrin:

and P.S. I agree with SnS, SOV - I would never trust you again - after watching you play this game and the last I saw so many similarities in your wolf play that I was very suspicious you were a wolf and was happy when my suspicions were confirmed.. but you can surely talk your way out of a paper bag

SOV was next on my suspicions after Jam, but since I knew I was converting over to evil, I decided to not say anything about it. :p

Wait, so what was this big thing that DVMDream knew about?

Wait, so what was this big thing that DVMDream knew about?

It was nothing really. Just letting WS know that it wasn't my suspicion that got her lynched, it was the silence suggesting that I lynch her that got her lynched. There was nothing I could do or say to stop it either, the mods made it very clear that I had to say I was suspicious of her and could not say that I, "Didn't know why" or that I "Couldn't remember".

It was nothing really. Just letting WS know that it wasn't my suspicion that got her lynched, it was the silence suggesting that I lynch her that got her lynched. There was nothing I could do or say to stop it either, the mods made it very clear that I had to say I was suspicious of her and could not say that I, "Didn't know why" or that I "Couldn't remember".

Womp womp. For all the bragging you did about knowing something, I thought it would actually be something good.

578455_10151156970293919_743476757_n.jpg

This was a really cool game! Have to ask though: why no Ninth Doctor?

to the silence--how did I ruin your strategy?? The only Pm I got said I had to say "it's great being a wolf again" (which I did) which was hilarious, btw, but that's all I was told I had to say? and I didn't ever say I was forced to say it or anything like that, people on the thread threw out suggestions and guess that was what happened.

to the silence--how did I ruin your strategy?? The only Pm I got said I had to say "it's great being a wolf again" (which I did) which was hilarious, btw, but that's all I was told I had to say? and I didn't ever say I was forced to say it or anything like that, people on the thread threw out suggestions and guess that was what happened.

The message we sent was:
""Hey fellow wolves.... It is great being a wolf again... people usually trust me, but it is too bad that I couldn't get
elected most popular person in the universe... I would love to kill EC tomorrow night as payback.
what do you think"...and then say she will forget she ever posted that and never respond to other people's accusations..

The idea was that you accidentally posted on the thread instead of PMing your fellow wolves. That was completely lost in the translation, especially since you included it with your "poor Lissarae, hope we catch her killer" in the post.

Then you outright said "I am not a wolf" a few posts later, completely contradicting your statement.

It was clear that mind control was going to be useless if you could contradict what we told you to say. Mods made some modifications to what villagers could say/do after that... but the damage was done. :(

The message we sent was:
""Hey fellow wolves.... It is great being a wolf again... people usually trust me, but it is too bad that I couldn't get
elected most popular person in the universe... I would love to kill EC tomorrow night as payback.
what do you think"...and then say she will forget she ever posted that and never respond to other people's accusations..

The idea was that you accidentally posted on the thread instead of PMing your fellow wolves. That was completely lost in the translation, especially since you included it with your "poor Lissarae, hope we catch her killer" in the post.

Then you outright said "I am not a wolf" a few posts later, completely contradicting your statement.

It was clear that mind control was going to be useless if you could contradict what we told you to say. Mods made some modifications to what villagers could say/do after that... but the damage was done. :(

ooh ok I get it...yeah the only thing I was told to say was "it's great being a wolf again" haha and no rules about what I could say after that as long as I didn't say I was forced to say it

Great game mods!

Gotta say I really liked me role. The conflicted Dalek who had seen so much war lol.

Sorry I gave you up, Foxhunter ;) dyachei, that anonymous message was from me.

I could search for the Doctor every night until I would eventually go mad and die. If I found the doctor, I could give up the name of one Dalek, either myself of someone else.

:smuggrin:

No.. not really. I don't get any cool exciting information like that.

Just trying to relieve poor WS from thinking that I am always out to lynch her.. :laugh:

You're still out to lynch me. :rolleyes: :laugh:

The timing of my lynch sucked though. I had just cleared Swings by using the investigating item, and hadn't found anyone besides Swings that I could trust to tell.

You're still out to lynch me. :rolleyes: :laugh:

The timing of my lynch sucked though. I had just cleared Swings by using the investigating item, and hadn't found anyone besides Swings that I could trust to tell.

If you complain about being lynched one more time..... I am going to make it my mission to lynch you at the beginning of every damn game..... let it be known........ :smuggrin:

You will get lynched.... such is WW life.... get over it. MOVE ON! :rolleyes:

If you complain about being lynched one more time..... I am going to make it my mission to lynch you at the beginning of every damn game..... let it be known........ :smuggrin:

You will get lynched.... such is WW life.... get over it. MOVE ON! :rolleyes:

I'm not complaining about being lynched! Sheesh. Almost everyone gets lynched every game. I was giving DMVDream crap. Hence the :laugh: smiley.

I can tell SOMEBODY started classes again. :p

I'm not complaining about being lynched! Sheesh. Almost everyone gets lynched every game. I was giving DMVDream crap. Hence the :laugh: smiley.

I can tell SOMEBODY started classes again. :p

yes you are right I did start classes again.... I am low on sleep and whiskey.... so watch the feck out.... BUT... it seems to be a continuing theme with you and I am a blunt mofo so there you have it.....no hard feelings I just tend to tell it like it is.... :laugh:

ummmm.... not sure how many times you have brought it up in this thread and every other game you have been lynched in as well as the future WW games thread... but I am not going to go back and count.... have other ****e to do.....

lynching is the way of WW.... don't want to be lynched change your name, change your avatar, change the way you play..... don't be a wolf, don't play WW...... the list goes on really.... people get lynched for all sorts of bizarre ass reasons.... it sucks... we cry then we drink and then we cry some more... but we do not complain....we post stupid gifs and let it go......mayhaps try that..... :D

:zip: have a dancing alien to feel better.....

I converted on Night 2 which is also the same night that the silence visited me and suggested that I lynch wolfspeaker :)rolleyes:).

So, WS: No, I was not suspicious of you in the slightest. I had been visited by the silence and was told that I HAD to lynch you and all I could say was, "Her posts seem suspicious." You can ask the fellow silence member, but I was slightly annoyed by this, but it worked beautifully... ;) :smuggrin:

Foxhunter, from now on when I wake up and see a PM from you during one of these games, I am ignoring it. You owe me for saving you ass...

Sorry WS

Thanks a million DVMD... Also, now I know why you asked what night I investigated you...

yes you are right I did start classes again.... I am low on sleep and whiskey.... so watch the feck out.... BUT... it seems to be a continuing theme with you and I am a blunt mofo so there you have it.....no hard feelings I just tend to tell it like it is.... :laugh:

ummmm.... not sure how many times you have brought it up in this thread and every other game you have been lynched in as well as the future WW games thread... but I am not going to go back and count.... have other ****e to do.....

lynching is the way of WW.... don't want to be lynched change your name, change your avatar, change the way you play..... don't be a wolf, don't play WW...... the list goes on really.... people get lynched for all sorts of bizarre ass reasons.... it sucks... we cry then we drink and then we cry some more... but we do not complain....we post stupid gifs and let it go......mayhaps try that..... :D

:zip: have a dancing alien to feel better.....

And I always thought that was a monkey....?

Hey mods, did you answer DVMD's question about what would have happened if Daleks were killed off, and only the pacifist Silence were left?

Would we have no kill nights, followed by lynches anyway?

Or would the game have been over?

And what if 1 dalek and 1 silence was left (or 2 and 2).

Mods, what would have happened if the daleks had all died off and it would have only been the silence against the villagers? Would that have been a villager win then since the silence had no kill ability or was there a plan to give them the ability to kill if that had happened?
The Silence would have gained the ability to kill. Probably. Never totally decided.
This was a really cool game! Have to ask though: why no Ninth Doctor?
For a few reasons -- Ten's my favorite :)p), and by starting with him we could go out to the Twelfth Doctor without having a bunch of former Doctors running around.

To explain that a bit -- we had a hidden condition that would have allowed whoever the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors were to stay in the game if they were killed overnight. The Tenth Doctor would become the Meta-Crisis Doctor if the Runaway Bride was still alive that night, and the Eleventh would have become the Raggedy Doctor. We couldn't really do that with the Ninth Doctor (what would the new role be called?) so we started with Ten so that Twelve could be the Doctor's last regeneration.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the game! It was a lot of fun to put together and watch how it all played out.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what would have happened if it got down to 1:1 -- didn't figure it was likely, so didn't think about it, to be honest. If it got down to 2:2, then whichever side lost a member first would lose (since they would be outnumbered).

Hey mods, did you answer DVMD's question about what would have happened if Daleks were killed off, and only the pacifist Silence were left?

Would we have no kill nights, followed by lynches anyway?

Or would the game have been over?

If all the Daleks were killed and there were still Silence left, the game would have continued. There just wouldn't have necessarily been a death every night, then. ;)

2 and 2... It would've gone another cycle until it was 2 and 1, with 2 winning. 1 and 1... don't know, probably would've been an overall "wolf" win with the survivors taking each other out or something...

If all the Daleks were killed and there were still Silence left, the game would have continued. There just wouldn't have necessarily been a death every night, then. ;)

2 and 2... It would've gone another cycle until it was 2 and 1, with 2 winning. 1 and 1... don't know, probably would've been an overall "wolf" win with the survivors taking each other out or something...
ok thanks.

Were the Silence limited to making you post that? If I were them I would have made you PM it to someone. It'd be easier to believe a PM was a mistaken revelation than a post.

So, uh, was there something I was supposed to be surprised about?

You spent most of your time trying to lynch the essentially neutral silence members whilst the daleks gained strength. Tried to tell you this but when you can't even mention your role, it is near impossible to do, although I guess this may not surprise you that much..

You spent most of your time trying to lynch the essentially neutral silence members whilst the daleks gained strength. Tried to tell you this but when you can't even mention your role, it is near impossible to do, although I guess this may not surprise you that much..

I disagree that they were neutral. They didn't kill, but that's only because they didn't really figure out HOW to kill. They were definitely in opposition to the villagers, so killing a Silence member was a desirable move. Sure, it would have been nice to kill the Daleks first, but so what? They both had to go eventually. You say it like killing the Silence was a 'mistake'. It wasn't.

I disagree that they were neutral. They didn't kill, but that's only because they didn't really figure out HOW to kill. They were definitely in opposition to the villagers, so killing a Silence member was a desirable move. Sure, it would have been nice to kill the Daleks first, but so what? They both had to go eventually. You say it like killing the Silence was a 'mistake'. It wasn't.
Your interpretation. The order did matter because
1) We were actively working to help the villagers.
2) we couldn't kill, so were not a threat.

There was no "how" to kill. All we could do is potentially redirect the Daleks, and then we still had to guess which one was killing on a given night to do so. It was still only the daleks doing the killing.

There is no question that going after the Daleks first would have been a much better strategy, but that is admittedly completely in HINDSIGHT. IF you had believed us, you could have done that. I was trying to get you guys to go after the Daleks and then worry about us later if you still distrusted us. Every night i was desperately trying to find more wolves for you guys to see our worth. Unfortunately (as turned out with kakuru) we had limited ability to do so.

Again, if you killed all the Daleks, no more villagers would have died at wolf hands, so you would have had more time to win the game.

Your interpretation.

Yes, I agree that with the way this game went, we would have been better off to kill the daleks first. But that's all hindsight: I have zero regret for making the decisions we did given the information we had. I don't view it as a 'mistake'. A win for us constituted killing both the Silence and the Daleks. You trying to 'help' us? That doesn't change the bottom line that you were opposed to the villagers. We had to kill all of you to win.

Also, we would likely have lynched more villagers along the way had we trusted you, because for those particular lynches (when the silence and their human helpers were lynched) we would have had to lynch someone else; and we didn't have definitive proof of other daleks. So odds are good we would have lynched villagers instead. Sure, maybe I would have investigated nyanko earlier (I had wanted to for many nights), but maybe I wouldn't have for whatever reason. At that point it gets really hard to say. But I suspect the odds are we would have had more villager lynches while we let you live.

If we killed the daleks first, one mod said the game would have continued without killing, the other said you probably would have gained the ability to kill. So you can't say definitively that no more villagers would have died at wolf hands like you're claiming; that's contrary to what at least one mod suggested. It sounds like they would have had to figure it out. At best, you're speculating.

There most definitely was a "how" to kill, and one of the mods pointed it out when they talked about how they envisioned your role playing out. You guys didn't play it that way, which is one of the cool things about WW (that players break the game), but they definitely pictured you guys killing. (Indirectly, anyway.)

Last edited:
Every night i was desperately trying to find more wolves for you guys to see our worth. Unfortunately (as turned out with kakuru) we had limited ability to do so.

What happened that one night where you said one day that based on the events of the previous night cycle, you didn't really have any suspicions about me?

Was that the night you used your powers on me but only changed by investigation-blocking direction?