Does a degree in Business hurt my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beckie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Sorry if someone has posted this before, but I was wondering if I can get into dental school with a degree in business instead of biology/chemistry?

Thanks
Take care,
Beckie

Members don't see this ad.

Hell no. Just look at some of brochonizer's posts (I hope I spelled his sn correctly)

Hi
I couldn't find the posts under brochonizer when I did a search. I just saw a thread that said it doesn't matter what you major in as long as you take the prereq's. Is this correct?

Thanks for the feedback,
Take care,
Beckie

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't matter one bit. I know people with degrees in Spanish that have got in. As long as your grades and DAT score are competitive then I wouldn't worry about it.

Beckie said:
Hi everyone
Sorry if someone has posted this before, but I was wondering if I can get into dental school with a degree in business instead of biology/chemistry?

Thanks
Take care,
Beckie

It won't have an affect on getting in to D-school, that's the good news, but you may have a more difficult time once you're in. I have heard from other business majors who got into D-school and they were not prepared for the intensive science classes.

I have a business degree and I got into several schools, so I wouldn't worry. However, I do think that it will be harder after entering, because the lack of science background.

I also was accepted to several schools this year with a Business degree. I would recommend pulling 20+ in the Science DAT.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. :)

ShawnOne: I live here in Las Vegas and I am thinking that UNLV is the dent school that I am going to apply to in 3 years. I just drove by their new facility today. It's nice and very big!

Let me know if you need any info on anything in Las Vegas. I've lived here for almost 10 years now...so I know a lot about the area.

Take care,
Beckie

Hi Beckie,
I have heard a lot of Summerlin area as a good place to live in LV. Is there any other good areas beside that?

Hi
Yes there a lot of good places. Summerlin is the best but there is also the centennial area and Aliante. There are some really good places in Henderson too.

Let me know if you need help on a specific area because I know the bad areas too.

Take care,
Beckie

Can you list those bad areas please?

Thanks

Beckie said:
Hi everyone

Thanks
Take care,
Beckie
In my opinion, it does not really matter what degree you get, as long as you finish all the pre-req.s and get some experience in dentistry(and good recom-s too). I find it even better if you do something different for your undergrad.degree.
It is just my opinion, but I've met many pre-dental and dental students who had different( other than bio. or chem.) majors as undergrad. and did very well.
Good luck :)

Thanks for everything. I appreciate all the great feedback. :)

Here is a map of Las Vegas with the bad part of town. Don't live there unless you want to get raped, killed, mugged, robbed, etc.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?historyid=1&searchtype=address
(zoom out twice to get a better picture of the whole entire bad area)

Take care,
Beckie

It should work. I just tried it now.

If the link doesn't work, try google and find MapQuest
Then put in the address I pasted below:

1 W Owens Ave North Las Vegas, NV 89030-6865

Take care,
Beckie