does a neuroscience professor under the psych department count as a science LoR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Superfluous94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The classes I took with him are classified as Biology on AMCAS and count towards BCPM, but all neuroscience courses at my school are under the psych department. On his faculty page he goes by "Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience". Would this still count? I would think so but just making sure.

Members don't see this ad.

For several of my schools it has counted but I think it depends on the school

For several of my schools it has counted but I think it depends on the school

has any school actually not accepted it for you? the course titles are intro to neuroscience and cognitive neuroscience so it's definitely science.

Members don't see this ad :)
has any school actually not accepted it for you? the course titles are intro to neuroscience and cognitive neuroscience so it's definitely science.

Based on this, I say you're fine and it's definitely a science LOR.

Only ACOM has not accepted the letter but I'm in the process of emailing them to clarify and see if they'll accept it!

Reactions: 1 user
so i'm guessing this is fine? i have a chemistry professor back up, but it's no where near as strong as the neuroscience one.