Does a SMP LOR count as a science professor letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted831936

Hi all!

Would sincerely appreciate any advice here -- I need one more LOR to fulfill the basic requirements and am unsure what to do. I'm planning on applying this upcoming May/June 2020. I have a LOR from a Genetics professor during the extension program, a LOR from a Psychology professor from undergrad, and a LOR from a MD physician I had worked with for a volunteering research position (context :I graduated from my undergraduate institution back in 2016, took four classes at my undergrad institution, and am now in an SMP). I've lost contact with all professors, other than the two I had mentioned.

Does the Psychology letter count for science or non-science?
I could potentially receive a LOR from the SMP program director, but would this waive either the non-science or science LOR requirement?

Thanks all for your help; I've been losing sleep over this!

Members don't see this ad.

Does the Psychology letter count for science or non-science?
I could potentially receive a LOR from the SMP program director, but would this waive either the non-science or science LOR requirement?

Psychology will count as non-science.

The program director's LOR will be considered miscellaneous. For a LOR to count as science/non-science, you have to a student of that professor's class. Reach out to another professor in your SMP and explain your goals of applying this upcoming cycle. I'm sure he/she will assist you.