Does admissions committee meet on weekends??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnwandering

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if admissions committees usually met on weekends.

I was debating whether to send my secondary to SUNY Downstate via Express mail ($20) or Priority ($5)

It is only a difference of 1-2 business days
but if you include the weekends, its a difference of 3-4 days (which seems substantial)

What would you do?

Members don't see this ad.

I would find it highly unlikely that a business office would be open on a weekend. Go with the cheapest.... when I was receiving paperwork from med school applicants, I found that a 44 cent stamp was as effective as the super-overnight service in getting things to me. Go with the Priority flat rate envelope if you must but it is overkill.

Members don't see this ad :)

I was debating whether to send my secondary to SUNY Downstate via Express mail ($20) or Priority ($5)

but if you include the weekends, its a difference of 3-4 days (which seems substantial)

What would you do?

I would send certified mail... oh wait, that's what I did. In a 3-6 month process, 1 or 2 days don't matter much yo.

Go get your hair did' with that extra money. No one likes a sloppy applicant!

There are places that ask you to send paper secondaries via snail mail?? Which med schools do this?

There are places that ask you to send paper secondaries via snail mail?? Which med schools do this?

You didn't do very well on verbal did you? Heh, just playing, but the OP said SUNY Downstate.

I'd use the flat rate priority envelope. It might be slightly overkill but it's only a few bucks more and it protects it well.

What would you do?

Lol watt a n3wbZ0r1z0R

send it in priority so that you know it didn't get lost somewhere, especialy if you're submitting secondaries with a check of 80-100+ dollars. Other than that you're just wasting money to get it in sooner. Chances are they won't even look at you till several weeks out. You ain't the only applicant applying at this point you know.