• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Does Alumni Nomination really increase chances into medical school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Verified Expert
Nov 16, 2010
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
    Depends on the person writing the recommendation, how well he knows some of the AdCom members, in what capacity he interacted with you and for how long, etc.

Hard to make a generalization here.

About the Ads

Knocked Up

Sexy and I know it
    Sep 29, 2011
    Prison Shower
    1. Medical Student
      Not that much. I would go with the black route if I were you. I have a friend who pulled it off, but he is Middle Eastern and I think his mom or dad was from Somalia. If you are dark enough, you could probably pull it off too.

mclinkin94

Removed
      Apr 28, 2012
      1. Pre-Medical
        Not that much. I would go with the black route if I were you. I have a friend who pulled it off, but he is Middle Eastern and I think his mom or dad was from Somalia. If you are dark enough, you could probably pull it off too.

I decided that it is unethical (especially) for a future doctor to cheat the system and use semi-true URM status to help get into medical school. I do not deserve to be a doctor and I would not be able to live with myself if I did that. :(

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
        Lifetime Donor
        10+ Year Member
        Verified Expert
        Sep 28, 2009
        1. Attending Physician
          I decided that it is unethical (especially) for a future doctor to cheat the system and use semi-true URM status to help get into medical school. I do not deserve to be a doctor and I would not be able to live with myself if I did that. :(

I would live quite easily, and I would get the proper reconstructive surgery to make myself the proper race before my admission.

About the Ads
          Status
          Not open for further replies.