Does Alumni Nomination really increase chances into medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mclinkin94

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, how well?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the person writing the recommendation, how well he knows some of the AdCom members, in what capacity he interacted with you and for how long, etc.

Hard to make a generalization here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not that much. I would go with the black route if I were you. I have a friend who pulled it off, but he is Middle Eastern and I think his mom or dad was from Somalia. If you are dark enough, you could probably pull it off too.

Not that much. I would go with the black route if I were you. I have a friend who pulled it off, but he is Middle Eastern and I think his mom or dad was from Somalia. If you are dark enough, you could probably pull it off too.

I decided that it is unethical (especially) for a future doctor to cheat the system and use semi-true URM status to help get into medical school. I do not deserve to be a doctor and I would not be able to live with myself if I did that. :(

I decided that it is unethical (especially) for a future doctor to cheat the system and use semi-true URM status to help get into medical school. I do not deserve to be a doctor and I would not be able to live with myself if I did that. :(

I would live quite easily, and I would get the proper reconstructive surgery to make myself the proper race before my admission.

Status
Not open for further replies.