does AMA or AMSA offer hotel discounts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p54

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that when traveling for residency interviews the AMA will hook us up with car rentals and flights, but how about hotels? I looked on their site and couldn't find anything out about hotel hook ups. Anybody know one know about this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hope it is OK to post this.. please someone let me know if this isn't kosher.

Dear AMSA Fourth Years,

As you are going through your interviews and figuring out where to go for your residency, I want to share some of AMSA’s excellent benefits to help you save money during your many travels. Please feel free to share this benefit information with any other AMSA members at your school, and contact our membership department at 1-800-767-2266 or visit http://www.amsa.org/member/benefits.cfm for more information.

1) HOTEL DISCOUNTS

Receive a 15% discount at over 5,000 participating Comfort, Quality, Clarion, Sleep, Econolodge, Roadway, Mainstay Suites, Inns, and Hotels worldwide! Make reservations by calling 1-800-258-2847 or booking online at choicehotels.com. Don't forget you must book in advance and reference the AMSA special rate ID of T00207670. Even if you do it right in the hotel's parking lot! Advance reservations are required and rates are subject to availability.

2) AIR TRAVEL DISCOUNTS

AMSA has a discounted airfare program through United Airlines. To use this program, you can either call Association Travel Concepts (ATC) or the airline directly. ATC will be able to compare other rates of other airlines in conjunction to the United discount. You can reach ATC at 1-800-458-9383 between the hours of Mon-Fri, 9:00am-7:30pm EST. Please be sure to reference United’s ID#: 510CK. Or you can contact United directly at 1-800-521-4041 with the same ID code.

3) CAR RENTAL DISCOUNTS

Enjoy up to 15% off on Alamo® car rentals. For reservations, contact your travel agent, call Alamo® at 1-800-354-2322 or access their web site at http://www.alamo.com/index.do?sourc...mplate.do&msg=affil_americanmedstudents_offer. * Be sure to request I.D. Number 579186 and Rate code BY at time of reservation. Alamo and National Car Rental work together so if Alamo does not have anything available, you may be referred to National Car Rental.

4) BOOK DISCOUNTS

Season's Greetings! Save up to 40% on thousands of great gift ideas in the B&N.com Holiday Gift Guide! As always, all orders over $25 receive Fast Free shipping in as little as three business days (see site for details) from Barnes & Nobles.

And, from December 2nd through the 16th at midnight, all AMSA members will receive an additional 10% off on all orders AND free shipping. Click here: www.bn.com/amsa.

All of that information is available for anyone to see on their website as well. (Go to "4th year resources".) I think you're okay.

I was able to find awesome hotel deals using Priceline. Anyway, I found the AMSA discount to not be any better than rates I could find in a basic search online. I highly recommend using Priceline if at all possible.

mackie said:
I was able to find awesome hotel deals using Priceline. Anyway, I found the AMSA discount to not be any better than rates I could find in a basic search online. I highly recommend using Priceline if at all possible.

I second that! I've gotten a few amazing hotel finds for cheap (3 stars for less than $65 in a major city) there.

AAA also has discounts. They'll also pull your car (or the rental) out of a snow bank, etc. I got it for my fourth year because I was driving around the country for different rotations. Well worth the $. (No, I am not a AAA agent.)