Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Does AMCAS ever change the designation of a PHYS/CHEM/BIOL/MATH class?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by IDoIt4Love, Jan 5, 2009.

1. IDoIt4Love

IDoIt4Love Breathe...just believe.
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My question is simple: does AMCAS ever change the BCPM designation/status of a class that your university classifies as BIOL, CHEM, PHYS or MATH?

I'm wondering because I'm considering taking a class called "Changing Views of the Universe," which is designated as physics at my university, but I'm worried AMCAS might change it to philosophy or something.

2. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]

Yes, if they feel that its classified incorrectly then they will change it. If they do end up changing your class, and you dont agree, you can always petition.

3. nick_carraway

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Depending on how you label the courses on AMCAS, (e.g. according to transcript, full course title, or simply course number) you can sometimes force AMCAS to accept your designations.

For example, instead of calling the course "Changing views of the universe" you can call it "PHY 106" or whatever it is.

4. IDoIt4Love

IDoIt4Love Breathe...just believe.
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't know if you're allowed to just write the course name down as "PHYS 250..." I think AMCAS asks you to write the name as it appears on your transcript.

Anybody else know if AMCAS changes course designations for classes that are already titled PHYS MATH CHEM or BIOL to begin with?