Does AMCAS staff work weekends?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

str8flexed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are they reviewing our apps now?

:)

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I called yesterday to check the status of my transcripts and to my dismay they are still waiting on them...

They said that they DO NOT work on weekends...AACOMAS does.

Also, the guy told me that they are behind on processing applications and hope to get caught up soon. He said that my transcripts (which were sent July 3rd) should be processed (not verified) by the 18th or 19th.

He said it would be about 2-3 weeks for verfication after that.

mizzoudude said:
I called yesterday to check the status of my transcripts and to my dismay they are still waiting on them...

They said that they DO NOT work on weekends...AACOMAS does.

Also, the guy told me that they are behind on processing applications and hope to get caught up soon. He said that my transcripts (which were sent July 3rd) should be processed (not verified) by the 18th or 19th.

He said it would be about 2-3 weeks for verfication after that.
Wow, sorry. My school sent out my transcriot on July 3rd and then AMCAS said they received them yesterday. But I am EDP so I need to get everything done by August 1st! Go go go AMCAS!

Members don't see this ad :)
str8flexed said:
Are they reviewing our apps now?

:)

Thanks.

If I had to guess, I'd say they're doing some overtime to get themselves caught up! :D Check the April AMCAS thread, I believe someone got verified today- so there is hope! Mine is still "ready for review" though and they got my transcripts on 6/22...boo AMCAS. :mad:

I received a transcripts verified email today...if that helps. Sent July 5, recieved July 10, email July 15

bet22 said:
I received a transcripts verified email today...if that helps. Sent July 5, recieved July 10, email July 15

Same here. Sent July 3, received July 10, email July 15. Maybe they are in the office.

I was sent an email from AMCAS today around 11:30am saying that I'm verified. So they either do work on weekends, are working overtime, or came up with an awesome script to handle the verification process.

They changed my class classification though (freshman, soph...etc). I went by hours, but it seems like they went by years. Well I guess that makes sense since if classified by hours, I wouldn't have GPAs for my sophomore year...

Transcript sent 6/21, received 6/28, submitted 6/29, ready to review 6/30...still waiting for verification...

it seems like they are working saturdays right now. I got verified today, Saturday the 15th :)

I posted earlier and said that I heard from the AMCAS guy on the phone that they do not work weekends...

However I recieved one of my transcript reciepts. I guess they must be working on the weekend! Saturday anyway! Good!