does anyone drive to CCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alimarie81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any current CCOMers out there who drive to campus every day?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey alimarie81,
As I happen to be procrastinating, I saw your question and felt the need to procrastinate more and answer it, In short Yes, I would say at least 50% of the first year class drives to school everyday. Now of that percentage There is a great variance in how long everyone's drive is. As I know you had to see there is plenty of parking around campus-

I drive about 10 minutes (3 mi) to campus each day.

MS-2
Midwestern University-CCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DoubleImage
Hey alimarie81,
I would say at least 50% of the first year class drives to school everyday. Now of that percentage There is a great variance in how long everyone's drive is.

Do any of you drive from the city? (I am about 3 min. away from the Ike in the south loop). Just trying to see if anyone else has a similar commute, and what time they leave in the a.m.

don't live in naperville. It's a very nice, very superficial city and it takes me about 30 minutes to drive to school with the morning and evening traffic. The drive really doesn't bother me, and books on tape are wonderful things.

i plan on moving to oak park this summer. its only about a 20 minute drive, closer to the city and a very cool place over all.

Beware the campus geese. I think one tried to mate with me today.

casey

It really depends on where in naperville you live...i live on the north side and therefore have an alternate route, i hardly hit ogden or butterfield and it rarely takes me more than 15 minutes!!! I love the part of town that I live in becuase its not crowded, and its nice and family oriented...and downtown naperville is less than 5 minutes!!!

Well, I frequently drive from the South Loop and there's usually no trouble getting to classes in the morning. The only trouble I've experienced is the commute back home. It usually gets bad around 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm, so you may want to avoid those hours because it'll take you about 50 minutes to get home. I would consider studying on campus until 8:00 pm or be a rebel by leaving early or stay home. During your first year, it may be hard to skip classes because you need to be anatomy for most of the day, so I suggest studying on campus if you feel like you want to stay around the South Loop area. During your second year, your schedule will be nicer and the commute won't be as bad.

Hope this helps,

Ms. Toast