Does anyone else feel cool taking any of the Steps at prometric?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheCat

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is lame I admit and I am not even a narcisstic type but I totally feel like a bad ass, both times I have been to prometric, early in the day when everyone was getting checked in-they would always call me up first, out of order, since I arrived later than others-and the guy would announce to the room that I had to be checked in cause I was taking a 9 hour exam-and as i strolled up with eyes on me for some sad and lame reason I felt like a bad ass!

Or as a few times happened, they would again mention a comment about the rigor of a 9 hour test and someone else would be around and ask what test you were studyin for-and I would tell them and you would get teh "ooos and ahhs"

ha ha I know what a lameass I am-but I think we sometimes forget since we are surrounded by docs every day that it really is a respected field that is looked highly upon and we should feel proud to be a part of it-I found that when I used to live in a city-it was D.C-where there are just so many hospitals and residencies and medstudents in that city-it almost was soo common nobody cared-but now I live in a city with hardly any student/residents and many more people find it amazing here-ok im lame ill shut u-anyone else feel any of this on test day-maybe it was my way of coping with the stress haha

Members don't see this ad.

i never feel cool when i take a 9 hour test. most of the time i'm like, 'you lucky ****s get to go play at the beach or whatever when you're done... and i'll be home nursing my migraine which is sure to ensue.'

no way do i feel badass for taking a 9 hour test. feel more like a shmuck.

Get a life.

So this is lame I admit and I am not even a narcisstic type but I totally feel like a bad ass, both times I have been to prometric, early in the day when everyone was getting checked in-they would always call me up first, out of order, since I arrived later than others-and the guy would announce to the room that I had to be checked in cause I was taking a 9 hour exam-and as i strolled up with eyes on me for some sad and lame reason I felt like a bad ass!

Or as a few times happened, they would again mention a comment about the rigor of a 9 hour test and someone else would be around and ask what test you were studyin for-and I would tell them and you would get teh "ooos and ahhs"

ha ha I know what a lameass I am-but I think we sometimes forget since we are surrounded by docs every day that it really is a respected field that is looked highly upon and we should feel proud to be a part of it-I found that when I used to live in a city-it was D.C-where there are just so many hospitals and residencies and medstudents in that city-it almost was soo common nobody cared-but now I live in a city with hardly any student/residents and many more people find it amazing here-ok im lame ill shut u-anyone else feel any of this on test day-maybe it was my way of coping with the stress haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a life.

This coming from somebody on a med student forum. :rolleyes:

I know where you're coming from, TheCat. When my Step 2 scenario went wrong with the electricity going out, everybody found out I was a med student taking some big exam, the whole deal with what went wrong became all about me, because of course my exam takes the longest. Everyone was shocked when they learned that no, my exam wasn't one or two or even four hours, as theirs were, it was freaking nine hours long. When all the other test-takers were dismissed after finding out the test center had to be closed while I had to stick around till they figured out if they could restart the exam for me, the other people were like, "Can we leave? Is she leaving?" And I totally snapped back (cuz I was really pissed), "No, I'm the only crazy person taking an all-day long exam and I have to come back." They just stared in shock and ran off.

But now that I think about it, it's more insanity and masochism than being bad-ass. :smuggrin:

:cool: I try to be as inconspicuous as possible while at Prometric...usually I'm pretty sociable, but on exam day, I talk to nobody (except for the proctors). The one thing that does annoy me about sharing Prometric w/ non-medical folks are the ones who have to type. This guy sitting behind me last wk was pounding on his keyboard, driving me crazy. Good thing his test wasn't 9 hrs!

:cool: I try to be as inconspicuous as possible while at Prometric...usually I'm pretty sociable, but on exam day, I talk to nobody (except for the proctors). The one thing that does annoy me about sharing Prometric w/ non-medical folks are the ones who have to type. This guy sitting behind me last wk was pounding on his keyboard, driving me crazy. Good thing his test wasn't 9 hrs!

Hell yeah put the damn typers in the other room or at least let us wear ear plugs... I was sitting next to a typer for at least 3 hours and the soundproof headphones are alright but earplugs would have been a lot better.

Funny! I had the same treatment! Unfortunately with me there were about 10 girls (recently college grads) taking some accounting exam...THey were so loud and a bit tense.. I told them about my test and they all felt so much better...i got the "oohs and aaghs" as well...

I know what you're saying. I get the same feeling when I wear my white coat to the supermarket.