Does anyone else find PR tests harder?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwied73

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just switched from the Kaplan book to the PR book. While I find the PR book to be much easier to understand, the PR online practice tests are ridiculous! My score dropped by 6 points (from a 27 to 21!! [yes, SDN world, I have average MCAT scores, and I'm still applying!!])
I guess the frustrating thing is I feel that I have a much better grasp on O Chem after using the PR book but actually score far lower. I've also noticed that the PR verbal passages are more difficult than the actual MCAT passages I had. Has this happened to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I just switched from the Kaplan book to the PR book. While I find the PR book to be much easier to understand, the PR online practice tests are ridiculous! My score dropped by 6 points (from a 27 to 21!! [yes, SDN world, I have average MCAT scores, and I'm still applying!!])
I guess the frustrating thing is I feel that I have a much better grasp on O Chem after using the PR book but actually score far lower. I've also noticed that the PR verbal passages are more difficult than the actual MCAT passages I had. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, they're there to help you learn. Use AAMC's to help you gauge.

Yeah, i took 4 PR tests and they were a few points lower then my Kaplan scores. They really did a good job de-moralizing me.

Well...it's an over generalization to say TPR tests are harder. Their sciences were actually very close to my science scores. It's the verbal that is overly hard for some of the practice tests. Yes, your TPR scores will be lower than AAMC and Kaplan, but they are still very useful. Don't let them de-moralize you! And just learn as much as you can from them (particularly PS and BS)