Does anyone else get really really tired Studying long term for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golden-Future

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else get really really tired studying long term for the MCAT? I've been studying full force for 7 months. I feel exhusted every day. I don't know what else to do to get myself to concentrate better.

I do cardio in the mornings, I eat healthy and enough, I'm not deficent in anything, I get enough sleep. I drink 2 cups of coffee ~5 days a week. I took 2 days without studying, but I still feel bad.

Anyone have any tips/ experience? My MCAT is July 20th, I really hope I dont feel this way on test day.

Members don't see this ad.

You're so close! 7 months sounds like overkill honestly :diebanana:... but you'll probably do great! I watch motivational videos on youtube sometimes. Maybe look at pictures of yourself when you did meaningful experiences that motivated you towards med in the first place? These are things I've done, but up to you!

Reactions: 1 users
Take a day or two to breathe! Seriously... you aren't doing yourself any good by beating your head on the wall!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe my brain is just tired from thinking about this exam for so long. But everyone feels this way, so I should be able to handel it. I just don't know how to mqke myself feel normal.

Maybe my brain is just tired from thinking about this exam for so long. But everyone feels this way, so I should be able to handel it. I just don't know how to mqke myself feel normal.

Haha it is definitely NOT normal to spend months and months for 1 exam....

There is nothing normal about MCAT prep.

Seven months is beyond intense. You are experiencing fatigue. Athletes call it overtraining. The mind and body can only take running at full capacity for so long before it starts to break down. It's like running an engine in the red zone, yes you get maximum hp and torque, but you also wear it out that much faster.

You have three weeks left. I highly suggest you take some time to reduce the fatigue, definitely more than two days. I would take an extended break, like Friday/Sat/Sun/Mon. Lock all the MCAT prep materials away and do other fun things for four days. Maybe even a full week.