Does anyone else have "X"s on their coursework page?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have X's on my coursework page next to all my courses right under a column that says "AMCAS use"..does anyone else have this?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't even gotten any symbols yet, let alone X's!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Scooby,

I got one X marked next to a course that is a noncredit seminar class for a special program I'm enrolled in. Looking back now, I should not have even put it in my courses but its listed on my transcript so I thought that AMCAS would think I was trying to subvert the system if I didnt list it.

I emailed AMCAS asking them exactly what X and O marks mean; whether that means your app is on hold or if you have to redo your courses or send in another transcript. Havent gotten a response yet.

I thought about sending them a note thru the online "change notification process" feature but it states that its just like regular email so I figured I would avoid recertifying/resubmitting my app and just email them the regular way.

I will let you know if they respond.

Damn,
ALL OF MY COURSES have X's!!!
Not just one..ALL! haha
oh well....

If you look at the bottom of your printed AMCAS application it explains what the symbols mean.

/ - any course verified without correction;
X - any course verified with correction;
O - any course listed on the Academic Record but not reflected on an official transcript; format corrections were not required;
OX - any course listed on the Academic Record but not reflected on an official transcript; format corrections have been made;
=/ - a type of coursework not meant to be verified

ah..i see...
so they still haven't added my AP scores. Did anyone else get theirs added?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo:
•ah..i see...
so they still haven't added my AP scores. Did anyone else get theirs added?•

What do you mean by adding AP scores? Like the specifics scores we got on each test? Does that mean we are supposed to send in an AP transcript? I was told we didn't have to . . . .