Quantcast

Does anyone find TBR verbal passages more difficult than others?

Get Shadowing and a Virtual Clinical Education
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libraryismyhome

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I find TBR verbal passages longer and more difficult than EK, TPR and Kaplan. Is this just to me or to everyone? They seemed initially easy in the beginning but then their passages in actual "diagnostic tests" were more difficult for me

Is the real MCAT verbal as difficult as TBR verbal??

Ahsan

MCAT SLAYER
Reaction score
I find TBR verbal passages longer and more difficult than EK, TPR and Kaplan. Is this just to me or to everyone? They seemed initially easy in the beginning but then their passages in actual "diagnostic tests" were more difficult for me

SO, from SDN people talked about the difficulty of kaplan vernbal passages and how it is not similar to the MCAT! Recently, i have been trying to increase my verbal score by doing some TPR passages and HOLY SH**!
THEY ARE SOOOOO DENSE.. HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON?! How am i going to improve!? ever?! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Ps is tough very tough! lol

ready2rumble10

Pursuing the dream
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

I think they're about the same difficulty as EK. Haven't tried the Kaplan tests yet this time, though.

Yes. I thought the real MCAT verbal was tougher than the AAMC questions, which is all I used when I prepared for the 1/29 test. By "tough" I don't mean ridiculously hard--just too vague.

libraryismyhome

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO, from SDN people talked about the difficulty of kaplan vernbal passages and how it is not similar to the MCAT! Recently, i have been trying to increase my verbal score by doing some TPR passages and HOLY SH**! l

TPR passages are harder than EK, but EK has more vague questions. I find both EK and TPR easier than TBR because TPR passages contain vivid points from Author and straight forward questions. But BR verbal has hard passages that make me to lose focus and vague questions that make me to read it twice. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ahsan

MCAT SLAYER
Reaction score
TPR passages are harder than EK, but EK has more vague questions. I find both EK and TPR easier than TBR because TPR passages contain vivid points from Author and straight forward questions. But BR verbal has hard passages that make me to lose focus and vague questions that make me to read it twice. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I dunno, I did a non -diagnostic in the TBR yesterday to prep for the full length today and TBR passages were pretty interesting-- easier to read for me. However, the questions were like wha...? ???? Like, you need to know information from "supplement reading" to get the correct answers. One question was relating the "rise of the cream until it sours" to the hierarchy and incompetence.
TPR today really killed me.. guess on all the questions :( lost focus and had no idea what the passages were talking about?! :beat: :help:
Verbal makes me :barf:

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
People usually say that BR passages are tough, but the questions are easy. Overall, BR passages aren't worth doing unless you're lacking in verbal material.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.