does anyone have a good idea....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

red dot

burning, burning
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) of all the pre-meds in the US, what percentage is on SDN?
2) of all the pre-meds on SDN, what percentage have >3.0 gpas, >3.5 gpas, and >3.8 gpas?
*in other words, how representative is SDN of actual applicant/pre-med pool?

sorry if this is on the site somewhere... i can't seem to find it on sdn's google search.

i am just curious, because it seems as though everyone here is ridiculously qualified (as they should be :) ), but it makes me wonder what the "other" kids are like. looking at the MSAR where they list the average gpas of applicants, i've gotta wonder who the other half is. they can't have 3.5 averages if everyone has a 4.0, right? for example, i'm wondering what "other" kind of kids BU accepts, if they place sooooo much value on gpa only.

Members don't see this ad.

Joonie said:
1) of all the pre-meds in the US, what percentage is on SDN?
2) of all the pre-meds on SDN, what percentage have >3.0 gpas, >3.5 gpas, and >3.8 gpas?
*in other words, how representative is SDN of actual applicant/pre-med pool?

sorry if this is on the site somewhere... i can't seem to find it on sdn's google search.

i am just curious, because it seems as though everyone here is ridiculously qualified (as they should be :) ), but it makes me wonder what the "other" kids are like. looking at the MSAR where they list the average gpas of applicants, i've gotta wonder who the other half is. they can't have 3.5 averages if everyone has a 4.0, right? for example, i'm wondering what "other" kind of kids BU accepts, if they place sooooo much value on gpa only.
Start a poll.

1)

About < 15%