Does Anyone Have a List of Schools Offering a One Year Accelerated BSN Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentQT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've searched online everywhere, within this website, and called my former undergraduate school, but I cannot find a list anywhere of schools offering a one year accelerated BSN program.

I've found lists of schools offering accelerated BSN programs, but I am only interested in those that are one year programs (which the lists I have found do not differentiate between the lengths).

I'm sure there is a book or a link out there somewhere that has these programs listed by each school, including the program length.

If someone could guide me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Members don't see this ad.

AllNurses.com will be more of a help to you, but I have never heard of any accelerated BSN programs unless you already an RN and want to bridge. I have heard about accelerated Masters which take about 12-15 months.

AllNurses.com will be more of a help to you, but I have never heard of any accelerated BSN programs unless you already an RN and want to bridge. I have heard about accelerated Masters which take about 12-15 months.

If you have a bach. degree in another field, you can apply for an ABSN program.

I agree that www.allnurses.com would probably be more suited to your purposes, OP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you to you both! And yes, I already have my Bachelors, I was looking into Accelerated Second Degree BSN programs, specifically those that can be completed within a year, which is where I ran into this dilemma. But thank you for your help!

Dranger, there are ones that are offered in one year (12 months), completed within 3 semesters. The ones that I have found often range from 12-18 months to 24. Because of this variation in each program, I was hoping there would be a website/book that would state the duration of each Accelerated Second Degree BSN program rather than having to individually look up the lengths of each of the 234 schools that offer this degree

Having gone through this search myself, the absolute shortest I have found is the 12 month ABSN program at Samuel Merritt (Actually runs about 11.5 months) - no previous clinical or healthcare experience necessary. Just have to have a degree and meet all pre-requisites.

But if you find one that's shorter, let me know. :)

University of Oklahoma has a 14 month program. I actually applied to it and waiting to here back. You aren't going to see much under 14 months....

Thomas Jefferson University. I'm a senior now, not in the accelerated program but it is an AMAZING school and hospital. Read about it and you'll understand why. They have a program called FACT, that is an accelerated one year, year-round BSN program. You have to have a bachelor's degree in some study to apply. Here's the link: http://www.jefferson.edu/nursing/education/fact.cfm
Please ask me any questions!

I'd love to hear about any Accelerated ELMSN programs....

Florida Atlantic has a 12 month program.