SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

does anyone have any study materials for the HANAU articulator?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by BigEd, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigEd

BigEd Banned Banned

Mar 17, 2007
    I cant seem to understand its use at all.

horizontal and lateral condylar movements???

I would love to get my hands on some kind of study aids for this thing!

thanks,
    biged

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Midoc

Midoc Senior Member 7+ Year Member

May 18, 2003
    Camp Adder, Iraq
    Don't worry about it until you get to your occlusion course. And then when thats done, don't worry about it again.

4. BigEd

BigEd Banned Banned

Mar 17, 2007

thanks for the quick response.

however, Im in occlusion now, I have a final in 2 weeks and I am worried about passing the course.

So, do you have any study aids that could help I would certainly appreciate it!

Ed

5. dheav005

dheav005 keepin' it movin' 7+ Year Member

May 27, 2005
    Norfolk
    yeah, but what do you want to know about lateral or condylar guidance? how to set it on the articulator? how to capture the intraoral records?...i seriously doubt there is much test review material out there for articulator use.

as a side note, my hanau came with a nice thick instruction book about its many features. maybe that would help...

6. BigEd

BigEd Banned Banned

Mar 17, 2007

this helps me how?

7. docj1

docj1 Walleye Whacker 2+ Year Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Rtfm

8. aphistis

aphistis Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 15, 2003
    Indianapolis
    hSDN Member
    Nice words, please. ;)

9. docj1

Jan 12, 2007
    Sorry

10. ktcook83

ktcook83 7+ Year Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I can assure you that reading the manual will provide you with the answers to most if not all of your questions, as two previous posters have said. We had a copy of it in our complete dentures coursepack and it is quite thorough.

11. dheav005

May 27, 2005
    Norfolk
    oh biged, i thought you might take the hint and go find your manual. i didnt realize you needed to be taken by the hand and have it opened up for you to the correct page. my most sincere apologies.

12. BigEd

BigEd Banned Banned

Mar 17, 2007
    No problem. I am used to people being not helpful in the least here.

Its so full of immature people I am amazed that its lasted this long.

the whole site is unhelpful. All people do is post WHAT ARE MY CHANCES THREADS.

who really gets help here?

13. Cyclysm

Cyclysm Member 5+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2005
    if everyone is so unhelpful and immature then why do you post and ask questions?

14. docj1

Jan 12, 2007
    I got help here several times.

15. BigEd

BigEd Banned Banned

Mar 17, 2007

was that helpful?

point proven.

16. docj1

Jan 12, 2007
    biged, if you think this site is not helpful why do you waste your time posting?

Try dentaltown and see if they don't rip you as much. I think you will get similar responses.

17. OceanDMD

OceanDMD Rather be fishing 7+ Year Member

Oct 25, 2006
    What don't you undestand about horizontal and lateral condylar movements? What is it with your tone? Maybe if you weren't such an As_, you might get less sarcasm with the responses. I would suggest you get your textbook out, read about the joint, translation, rotation, bennett movement, etc. before you ask stupid, non specific questions(hence the responses). I dont see anything wrong with the advice to read your artic. manual.

18. Cyclysm

Cyclysm Member 5+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2005
    well put, thank you.

19. docj1

Jan 12, 2007
    Ditto

20. BigEd

BigEd Banned Banned

Mar 17, 2007

thanks for the no help.

21. BigEd

BigEd Banned Banned

Mar 17, 2007

great, im still waiting for some.

22. Sprgrover

Sprgrover Pulped out Moderator Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    BigEd, I think what some of the other guests are trying to get at is an articulator is merely a tool that you use to help understand your patient's occlusion, set dentures, etc. While it might look like an odd device, there shouldn't be much of a mystery behind its use and operation. I'll try to help you out with a brief description of its function (something I think you're looking for) taken off the top of my head. In the pre-clinical settings the condylar and Bennett angles (these approximate the range of free motion of the mandible as it moves dynamically about the condylar, coronal, and sagittal planes) are usually set to 30 and 15 degrees, respecitvely, (don't hold me to those values) and, once your casts are mounted, you can examine your arches to see how the arches relate to one another in centric, working and non-working movements, sources of interference, the presence of group function or canine guidance, and on and on. If you were working on a denture case or one that was making use of a lot of prosth you would use a facebow to accurately record your patient's VDO and centric relation and then transfer the facebow to the articulator to help mount your casts, and then use the mounted casts to go through all that I mentioned. It's basically a means to approximate your patient's jaw movements.

While my quick search on Google didn't reveal any stellar results, I urge you to also look there if you aren't finding any answers to specific questions you may have.

*To the other guests: Please be a bit more considerate and sensitive to the genuine questions and requests of others. I'm sure you'd appreciate the same from others next time you are seeking advice.

23. dheav005

May 27, 2005
    Norfolk
    frankly, i thought my initial suggestion to read over the manual was helpful, especially since i once had similar questions to biged. in reading my own manual, i found many of my own questions answered and i have benefited greatly in my clinic time from knowing how to use my articulators and what their limitations are.

i imagine that the light flaming biged has been given is due mostly to his apparent inability to take the directions given to find some of his own answers. i dont mind to explain how to use an articulator or the physical concepts of border movements, condylar movements, etc., but those are very visual concepts to try to make clear in words only. thus my side note to check the manual (which does have pictures and words) and try to figure it out from there.

i knew that you could lead a horse to water, but i didnt realize the horse expected to have the water filtered and presented in gilded chalice before it would drink.

24. docj1

Jan 12, 2007
    :laugh:

25. BigEd

BigEd Banned Banned

Mar 17, 2007
    FUNNY.

CHALICE.:laugh: I MEAN REALLY. KEEP USING ONE BIG WORD A DAY FROM WEBSTER WILL MAKE YOU SOOOOOOOO SMART.

26. aphistis

aphistis Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 15, 2003
    Indianapolis
    hSDN Member
    ...and that'll do it for this one.

27. dheav005

May 27, 2005
    Norfolk
    kinda sad to see him go. i thought we were all trying to help him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.