Does Anyone Have Match List For Cleveland Clinic??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Entrepreneurdoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
During medschool, I'm assuming the students do all of the same stuff that the case western students do, plus extra research emphasis? Just wondering... if you graduate do you have to go into biomedical research or can you still do whatever you want(i.e. surgery, pathology, internal medicine) ???

Members don't see this ad.

Well there's no match list info because no one has ever graduated. the first class in the program is now in 3rd year. They just took the boards this past summer and there was a 100% pass rate and the average was competitive with any school out there. The curriculum is totally seperate from the Case curriculum and we have lots of free time to study on our own. You will have great research opportunities and opportunities to meet big names in pretty much any specialty you desire. There is definetly a push for you to become a physician investigator(in whatever field you desire), but when you get out you can do whatever you want, although if you are not into research you might not like some aspects of the curriculum. I am planning on going into orthopedics and pursue a career both seeing patients and doing research. Hope this helps.

During medschool, I'm assuming the students do all of the same stuff that the case western students do, plus extra research emphasis? Just wondering... if you graduate do you have to go into biomedical research or can you still do whatever you want(i.e. surgery, pathology, internal medicine) ???
Like JDW said, no one has graduated from CCLCM yet, so there isn't any match list. Actually, our program is pretty different than the UP (main Case program). You can read about the details of both programs on the Case medical school website here. But some of the major differences include that we have a mandatory fifth year (this is when we do our research and thesis), we do not take tests or get grades at any point in our program (we use a competency-based portfolio system instead), and our curriculum is basically entirely small-group and case-based. Most UP students graduate in four years, although they can take an optional fifth year if they want. The UP students get graded P/F for the first two years, but they get real grades afterward, and they do take tests. Their curriculum is a mixture of lectures and small group work. We also get a lot more research integrated into our curriculum, but the UP students do a scholarly project (thesis) for four months at some point during their last two years. They still have a pretty significant research experience even though it's shorter than ours, and they can also use some of their elective time to extend their research.

Our school would like for us to become researchers, but of course they will not have control over what we wind up doing once we leave here. There are several of my classmates who want to be surgeons or otherwise stay strictly clinical, and there are also some people who do want to go into research. I am actually undecided on a specialty at this point, although I am pretty sure that I don't want to be a surgeon! I do plan to keep doing research after I finish medical school.

I've been keeping a blog the past four months since I started med school about what we're doing here. You can click the link in my signature and read about my experiences as an M1 at CCLCM if you're interested. Hope this helps. :)

-CCLCMer