Does anyone know about medical schools in Poland??

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by medicoloco, Oct 13, 2002.

1. medicoloco

medicoloco Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello everybody!!!

I am searching about medical schools in Poland, any suggestion??
    I could not find forums about that. Any advice would be very appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. neilc

neilc 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

i have very little info, based on 2 students at my school that considered transfering there, and a bit of research from 3 years ago take a look, it may help, but verify everything i say, as it may be outdated.

they offer a 4 year "ameican" style education, but it does not seem to be too effective. lots of individual study required, i think mainly because none of the profs were educated by the american style, and they are not familiar with multiple choice standardized tests.

they have only 6 clinical spots stateside, so it is pretty tough competition to get them (this only pertains to one of the schools, i think in poznan, but i am not sure)

you must deal with agents....in my opinion, agents should be avoided like the plague. any school that deals exclusively with agents is a big red flag in my book.

that being said, there are several grads out there doing well after attending the polish schools. you will get out of it what you put into it, and you can do fine coming from these schools.

my personal opinion. if you want a US style education, go to an established carribean school (St georges, ross, auc). if you want to get a great education, but not based solely on the US system, go to ireland or australia. if you want a great education, and are willing to learn another language for part of the program, go to the czech republic or hungary.