Does anyone know any "must-know" stuff for the PS section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superdevil

planning my escape
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i suck at physics. period. i was just wondering if there are any formulas or concepts that are crucial to excelling at the MCAT, things that appear every year, etc.

ANY advice from ANYONE is very appreciated. i'm basically starting from square one, so don't be shy, mention anything and everything you think is vital.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Concepts in electricity like resistance, etc.

Definitely those equations dealing with uniform acceleration.

Simple incline plane problems (force of friction, normal force).

Optics

That's what I saw.

Collisions- Completely Inelastic and completely Elastic

Torques

and those stupid linear motion with constant acceleration equations- know them!!

Force on a moving charge

That is a few you must know.

Members don't see this ad :)
If there's one subject I HATE, its titrations and solution chemistry/acid-base reactions.

I can never get the damn H+/OH- concentrations figured out right for amphoteric titrations, or even weak acid/weak base deals.

Anyone share my pain?

Yeah man, I'm with you...I feel like it's one of the simplest damn things to grasp in all of chemistry, and I just struggle with it. I guess it's all about practice...

Hi all,

I have the best information regarding this poster's question. They have this on the AAMC MCAT, very valuble information to check to see how your doing on the most important topics to be tested in Bio/Phys of the MCAT...enjoy

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/topics.pdf