Does anyone know how much of Vanderbilt's ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speranza

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
class is filled up by the end of November? 50 %? Or more?

Also is it true that they generally tend not to accept people with MCAT scores lower than their school average (~34)? This is something I read in interview feedback so I was just wondering if other people had heard this as well.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

safeflower said:

Also is it true that they generally tend not to accept people with MCAT scores lower than their school average (~34)? This is something I read in interview feedback so I was just wondering if other people had heard this as well.

Thanks.

I bet you had problems in math. Is it possible to not accept applicants lower than the average? Relax.

Yeah, so...the average Vanderbilt matriculant's MCAT is a 34, but the average accepted applicant's MCAT is a 35. Soooooooooo, they must accept some people with 33s and below to drag down that average. Check out mdapplicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that they didn't accept anyone below a 34..

Would anyone happen to know the answer to my first question, about the percentage of the class that is filled up by the end of Nov?

39.84% I think...wait actually I have no clue but hopefully not too much cause I <3 Vandy.

argonana said:
:confused: What??

Damn, I still love this school. Good luck, OP.

Its a heart just sideways <3

See it?

argonana said:
:confused: What??

Damn, I still love this school. Good luck, OP.
Turn your head 90 degrees clockwise.

Vandy gives out maybe 200 or just under initial acceptances a year, out of about 1000+ interviews. I've heard that a typical number per adcom meeting is 15, though obviously that varies given Vandy's system. So if you consider the October 15 group was probably bigger, they're probably coming up on half by the end of November.

(That's based on educated guessing, not direct insider knowledge from the adcom. Although I could probably get a horse's mouth figure - I've got contacts. :cool: )

Thanks, girls. Contextually, I knew it had to mean something like "love," but I couldn't see the heart. :p

Best of luck, ti89! (BTW, did you name yourself after the calculator? I've been wondering for awhile...perhaps I'm just a huge nerd for thinking this.)

absolutely that calc gets me through some tough times :)

safeflower said:

Thanks.

When I had talked to them, I asked approximately the same question and I was told that they fill their class once by Christmas.