Quantcast

Does anyone know how to find NBME1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chaoticsheath

Reaction score
why would anyone take nbme 1 as a practice test? 7, 11, 12, and 13 are irrelevant enough that nbme 1 must look like a completely different exam than the real thing.

Phloston

Osaka, Japan
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Questions are questions, and getting a % wrong = learning new info.

Plus, Pollux sat NBME1 9-months-out. Although an offline version wouldn't provide a score prediction, I still think the questions are important to do.

Dallas

Migratory medstudent
Reaction score
Agreed but these questions may be outdated and not relevant for current exam. Uworld Urx Kaplan might even be more relevant. However getting questions wrong IS the most efficient study method.

I am experiencing major cognitive dissonance.

Belleza156

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school had us take nbme 1 to assess our baseline, and a lot of the questions were the same as those that are on the nbme pdfs that everyone has, but I'd say a good 20-30% were different questions. I went thru the pdfs looking for the questions that gave me trouble and couldnt find them. So I know for sure the most current nbme 1 is different from the pdfs.....still I wouldn't pay to take nbme 1 online over the other options.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

EaglesAllDay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school had us take nbme 1 to assess our baseline, and a lot of the questions were the same as those that are on the nbme pdfs that everyone has, but I'd say a good 20-30% were different questions. I went thru the pdfs looking for the questions that gave me trouble and couldnt find them. So I know for sure the most current nbme 1 is different from the pdfs.....still I wouldn't pay to take nbme 1 online over the other options.

you can't pay for them online....nbmes 1-4 are all offline now....they definitely test a lot of the same concepts as the later nbmes

alternatego

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Questions are questions, and getting a % wrong = learning new info.

Plus, Pollux sat NBME1 9-months-out. Although an offline version wouldn't provide a score prediction, I still think the questions are important to do.

did you get the pdf?

Chaoticsheath

Reaction score
if the goal is just to do more questions, I'd go to buying another Qbank. at least those have great explanations that you can learn a ton from instead of questionable "keys" found on the internet that come with no explanation most of the time.

Phloston

Osaka, Japan
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
if the goal is just to do more questions, I'd go to buying another Qbank. at least those have great explanations that you can learn a ton from instead of questionable "keys" found on the internet that come with no explanation most of the time.

I would actually say the NBME questions are essential to do. It's like doing the old SoM exams that are on archive at your school. I've read various posts over the past several months here on SDN where people have said previous, exact NBME questions have shown up on their exams. If you do all of the NBMEs, that's essentially an entire QBank (13 x 200 = 2600) = big news bears. I would actually recommend the ijn method for tackling the NBMEs. He compiled a Powerpoint with all of his incorrects from 10 NBMEs, and then blasted through those again within the days before his exam.

Belleza156

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad idea. I think I'll start that tomorrow then I don't waste time going thru the entire nbme set of 200Q's per nbme. Only so much time in a day!