Does anyone know if the Kaplan On Demand is good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BaseballFan1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying it but before shelling out $1749 I wanted to get some opinions on it.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was thinking about buying it but before shelling out $1749 I wanted to get some opinions on it.

Thanks!

I know I won't be that helpful but after using kaplan books for a week, I regretted it. They are completely useless, If I had a lot of time, I would use TBR hands down. And I'm using it right now for passages. If my time is short, I would use EK for content and still TBR for passages which is what I'm doing right now.

Well I've been doing Kaplan on Demand this summer, and I like it. The amount of quizzes and study material is plentiful.Though, I wish I would have done it in a real classroom so that I know the timing schedule I should have been on...because apparently I have been going too slow haha and now I will probably have to postpone my exam. But I do like that you can do the workshops/quizzes/lessons on your own time, whenever/wherever you are. You can pause the lectures or go back if you missed something. I also didn't find anything wrong with the review books as MShopes mentioned, but I don't really have anything to compare them with either.

Thanks!

:eek::eek::eek: Wow, I did not know prep companies charged THAT much for access to their online materials.

Does it at least come with access to the 8 AAMC tests ($280 value)?

Members don't see this ad :)
:eek::eek::eek: Wow, I did not know prep companies charged THAT much for access to their online materials.

Does it at least come with access to the 8 AAMC tests ($280 value)?

It comes with the AAMC tests and all the kaplan tests as well.

I can't imagine the online resources being that expensive.. I dropped $1200 on my kaplan course (bought a voucher through a club) and barely used the section / topical quizzes. I did go through some of the chapter quizzes, which I found to be somewhat helpful, but definitely not worth nearly $2k. I relied mostly on the AAMCs for practice, so the online resources kinda went to waste for me..