1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Does anyone know if the Kaplan On Demand is good?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by BaseballFan1, Jul 31, 2011.

1. BaseballFan1

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I was thinking about buying it but before shelling out $1749 I wanted to get some opinions on it.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MShopes

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I know I won't be that helpful but after using kaplan books for a week, I regretted it. They are completely useless, If I had a lot of time, I would use TBR hands down. And I'm using it right now for passages. If my time is short, I would use EK for content and still TBR for passages which is what I'm doing right now.

4. SarahBellum1

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well I've been doing Kaplan on Demand this summer, and I like it. The amount of quizzes and study material is plentiful.Though, I wish I would have done it in a real classroom so that I know the timing schedule I should have been on...because apparently I have been going too slow haha and now I will probably have to postpone my exam. But I do like that you can do the workshops/quizzes/lessons on your own time, whenever/wherever you are. You can pause the lectures or go back if you missed something. I also didn't find anything wrong with the review books as MShopes mentioned, but I don't really have anything to compare them with either.

5. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :eek::eek::eek: Wow, I did not know prep companies charged THAT much for access to their online materials.

Does it at least come with access to the 8 AAMC tests ($280 value)?

6. wish2bMD

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It comes with the AAMC tests and all the kaplan tests as well.

7. snikkle

5+ Year Member

I can't imagine the online resources being that expensive.. I dropped $1200 on my kaplan course (bought a voucher through a club) and barely used the section / topical quizzes. I did go through some of the chapter quizzes, which I found to be somewhat helpful, but definitely not worth nearly $2k. I relied mostly on the AAMCs for practice, so the online resources kinda went to waste for me..