Does anyone know if the two NY schools look at letters before read LORs before ii?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm825

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is an oddly-specific question, but does anyone know if Touro-Harlem and NYIT read LOR before sending out ii? I'm very concerned about my committee letter potentially being negative (although I have 2 MD ii and 3 DO ii), and I assumed that I was fine when I began to receive interviews. When I interviewed at KCUMB recently, I even think the dean mentioned that they look at a bunch of things before extending ii and he included LORs in that assessment. I called the admissions office today and the lady I spoke with said they do not review LOR before extending ii, so my anxiety levels are starting to really rise again. Does anyone know if these two schools check LOR before ii?

Members don't see this ad.

I know this is an oddly-specific question, but does anyone know if Touro-Harlem and NYIT read LOR before sending out ii? I'm very concerned about my committee letter potentially being negative (although I have 2 MD ii and 3 DO ii), and I assumed that I was fine when I began to receive interviews. When I interviewed at KCUMB recently, I even think the dean mentioned that they look at a bunch of things before extending ii and he included LORs in that assessment. I called the admissions office today and the lady I spoke with said they do not review LOR before extending ii, so my anxiety levels are starting to really rise again. Does anyone know if these two schools check LOR before ii?

I mean you need them but who knows whether they read them. I would expect they do. Don't think its gonna prevent a II. Heard Lizzy say they like to see for themselves regarding a bad LOR. Won't help obviously.