does anyone know of a good one year post bacc or masters program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drfsu21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know of a good one year post-bacc or masters program? ive done research but all of them ask for an MCAT score as a part of my application, but i anted to do one before i took the MCAT. any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know of a good one year post-bacc or masters program? ive done research but all of them ask for an MCAT score as a part of my application, but i anted to do one before i took the MCAT. any advice?

You probable will get better info on the postbac board. FWIW most SMPs require MCAT but very few postbacs do.

Like Law2doc said, most postbac programs do require MCAT. Ohio State has one called MEDPATH and it looks pretty good. You do one year of the postbac and once you finish it (considering you fulfill the min. requirements), you get conditional acceptance to the medical school. You have to apply to their medical school and then be recommended for the MEDPATH Program though. I doubt you'd find one where you don't have to have MCAT scores but keep looking, there may be some out there.
Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools like Boston University require either GRE or MCAT but they want you to have done an exam so I would suggest taking the GRE since its easier from what i've heard and then you can do the MCAT later. However it is extremely difficult to study for the MCAT while completing these programs.

Except that that's the exact opposite of what I said...:rolleyes:

Oops, I definitely read that wrong...I think I was reading your original post too fast. My bad..no need to put me on blast lol :idea: