Does anyone know someone who got their MCAT successfully rescored?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know someone who sent their MCAT to be rescored, that is verbal, bio, physics section and it was rescored..
Essays... are a diff. matter... but does the MCAT ever make a mistake when scoring the three scanned sections?

Thanks Guys

Members don't see this ad.

hey i tried to get my verbal rescored last april cause i got a 6 and it turned out to be correct and the person on the phone told me they had never changed a score so it is just away for them to make money..

i second that comment....i got an 8 this august, was doing much better on practice exams....i called AAMC and asked if they ever changed scores, the guy said that to his knowledge a score had never been changed. So save your money!

thanx guys, but too late I sent in the money... had it couriered in... so thats a few more dollars to get my 7 in verbal rescored....

You might be right about the verbal, bio, phys etc... I think that essays might have been changed though...

Thanx for the replies guys :oops:):love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Please, anyone out there, let us know the results of your rescoring. If you don't want to share your score, that's fine, but just tell us if it was a success or not. We have 4 months to have them rescored, thanks!

Hi Franklinthedog... as soon as I get the news back for the MCAT I'll let you know... I submitted a rescoring request just over a week ago... so should be two weeks now.... (only verbal though)

wish me luck

:)

Ocean 11,
Not that it is possible, but were you aware that you have the option to be present during the rescoring. This feature is to prevent students from thinking that the MCAT people, don't just pretend to rescore the exam.
Man, if you were present for the rescoring, you would have valuable insight to finally prove that there is INDEED an experimental section. Furthermore, you would be able to see the raw score to scaled score conversion chart.
Just a little food for thought. Good Luck on the rescoring.

:oops: :oops: :mad: :mad: DON'T DO It!!! I got a 7 on my verbal section, so yeah of course i though i did better, so I did the stupidest thing and got it rescored, so yeah, guess what happened, think about the worst....my score was changed....for the worse, I ended up getting a 6 instead of a 7 on the test.......:eek: :( :confused: Please don't do it unless you are dying for a lower score or are looking to get rid of some spare change.

Jeeze, I'm praying that someone is going to say they got their exam rescored and it resulted in an increase. I am beating myself up about my 5 in Verbal. I just cannot see how I ever got that. You know the first time I ever looked at what a verbal reasoning section was and took it, i scored a 6 and never below that. Once I trained myself to think MCAT like i would fluctuate between 8's and 9's often on the practice exams. So its just disturbing. On the April MCAT i scored a 7 so how do i explain to adcoms going down 2 points? Its not like i got dummer...lol

Guys thanks for the advice, Chandler I'd love to be there when they remark it but I'm all the way up in Toronto, Canada.... so yeah...

I'm sorry for anyone who paid to get it rescored and scored lower... that sucks seriously.... thanx for the advice though... although a few days after I got my scores I immidietly sent the money .... I have a slightly funny story about that too....
I made out the post order check to AMCAS by accident so they told me to pay for a new post order check and GUESS WHAT?!?! apparently the exchange rate went up in that two minutes! so I ended up paying even more LOL.... yeah I ended up spending over 100$ Canadian.... (express post too)

hey ocean11! u from Toronto?? u applying there? if im not mistaken ur werent happy wtih ur mcat but they only use mcat as cutoffs there.. i applied there for that reason, and im canadian. Anyway i LOVE Toronto.. its my fav city.. it is my numero uno choice.. im hoping to get in.. did u apply?

has anybody requested to have only ONE multiple choice section rescored but actually had all three rescored in the return reply?
For example, say you request to have only your VR section rescored because you did quite well on the sciences - you fork over the $50 and a couple weeks later, you get a score report that has your VR score the same, but your PS score reduced. Do you have a case against them?

Don't rescore. I called about the April, got some rude person who told me it was more likely i'd get a lower score. called back and got someone nice, told me it was better to just re-take the whole thing if i didn't like my score than to bother with the time and money of rescoring. i don't think they change scores for the better, ever.

Hi all... well I sent in the check 2-3 weeks ago so I'm expecting a reply soon. Either way I'll post here and let you guys know what happened. My hypothesis is that my seven in verbal will remain a seven... as for the rest of the scores I don't think they will rescore it because they are too lazy, think about it... if they don't have to do extra work than why do it? right? right!

k' wish me luck :)

good luck, buddy.

you did, however, request only to have your verbal section rescored, correct?

o.k I promised I'd tell you guys the results of my verbal rescoring and here they are:

1) the AAMC did infact rescore all the multiple chioce sections even though I only specifically asked for verbal.

2) my score did NOT change... I still have a 7,10,10,Q MCAT

oh well it was worth a try.....

That's what I was worried about. They don't follow your request to have only one of the multiple choice sections rescored.
So how would things progress if they, for example, sent back your score report and told you your biological sciences score went down one? Can you argue you never requested for it to be rescored and that the old score should stand?

Originally posted by drake.ramoray
That's what I was worried about. They don't follow your request to have only one of the multiple choice sections rescored.
So how would things progress if they, for example, sent back your score report and told you your biological sciences score went down one? Can you argue you never requested for it to be rescored and that the old score should stand?

I doubt it. Seems risky to me. Rescoring in general does not change your score nearly as much as anyone wants it to. I cant remember hearing a story about someone who went up +3, at most you will hear about +1 and at worst you will hear -1.

still waiting on the writing sample.... anyone else? they've had the request for over a month now.