Does anyone know the current scale for TBR bio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopelessDreamer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would someone mind posting the scaled scores for the newest edition (2013 I believe) of the TBR bio books? I have a version that is a couple of years old and I believe they have updated the scale in the recent edition to reflect the difficulty. In the version I have an 80% (which apparently is really high for TBR bio) is a 10. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Would someone mind posting the scaled scores for the newest edition (2013 I believe) of the TBR bio books? I have a version that is a couple of years old and I believe they have updated the scale in the recent edition to reflect the difficulty. In the version I have an 80% (which apparently is really high for TBR bio) is a 10. :confused:

What year is yours?

What year is yours?

What year is yours?

Members don't see this ad :)

For 2011 TBR Bio, the scaled score for the raw score of 80-100 is over 13 (>=13).

I honestly wouldn't put too much thought into the scaled scores in the books, especially for bio. imo if you are scoring >60% you're doing pretty well. I think I averaged about 50-55% and got an 11 in BS on my MCAT. People in the past have said with TBR's other subjects you should try to score around 70% on the first 1/3, 80% on the second 1/3, and 90% on the third 1/3. I wouldn't be that hard on yourself for bio though.

For 2011 TBR Bio, the scaled score for the raw score of 80-100 is over 13 (>=13).

Oh huh, I wonder why they made the scale tougher in the 2012 version. Thanks!

I honestly wouldn't put too much thought into the scaled scores in the books, especially for bio. imo if you are scoring >60% you're doing pretty well. I think I averaged about 50-55% and got an 11 in BS on my MCAT. People in the past have said with TBR's other subjects you should try to score around 70% on the first 1/3, 80% on the second 1/3, and 90% on the third 1/3. I wouldn't be that hard on yourself for bio though.

Yeah I definitely agree about not putting too much thought into the scores. I was just curious I suppose. Thanks for the response, and congrats on being accepted! That's awesome! :claps: