Does anyone know the time registration begins for early 2018 MCAT dates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedMissteps

The Great West Coast
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Attention: MCAT registration will open on October 18, 2017 for January-June 2018 test dates. July-September test dates will open in February 2018.

Does it open at 12.01am EST on Oct 18? Or when?

Sorry if this has already been answered. Didn't find it elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke with them on the phone today and the representative mentioned October 18th, Wednesday and nothing more.

Reactions: 1 user
I recommend you follow the AAMC_MCAT twitter handle, and set it to give you notifications when it tweets.

Here's what happened last year, when the date for registration opening is Oct 19, 2016.

Oct 18 2016 - #MCAT registration is a manual process, not an automatic one! We won't open the system @ midnight ET. MCAT staff are all sleeping!"

Oct 19, 2016 - 4:17am PST/7:17am EST - ATTENTION: Registration for the January-June #MCAT dates is now open!

I recommend you have your AAMC open and logged in by 6:45am EST, which is 3:45am PST. Expect heavy net traffic to hit their servers around 7 as everyone tries to anticipate the opening, which is why if I were going to fight for a January date, I'd be logged in at 6:45 AM. Then I'd be waiting for the twitter notification from the AAMC_MCAT handle.

Reactions: 1 users
For future reference, it opened at ~7:38AM EST this year.

Reactions: 1 user