Does anyone know what is going on with TMDSAS Match this Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRC08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up with the Texas match this year? I know last year I only met one person who was matched and several schools didn't even use it. Does anyone know what schools are matching applicants and which schools are totally neglecting the match for rolling admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

What's up with the Texas match this year? I know last year I only met one person who was matched and several schools didn't even use it. Does anyone know what schools are matching applicants and which schools are totally neglecting the match for rolling admissions?

There's extensive talk about this in the texas thread. From what I've heard Houston is the only one doing quite a bit of filling from the match, the other schools may be doing some, but not as much.

There's extensive talk about this in the texas thread. From what I've heard Houston is the only one doing quite a bit of filling from the match, the other schools may be doing some, but not as much.

UTH will do a lot. Texas Tech will do about half, as well as UTSA. UTMB and UTSW should have some. There should be decent movement on match.....GOD I HOPE SO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Notice a Texas thread with over 500 posts. Go read that.

I had an interview at UTSW. They informed us that they probably would not pick anyone in the match but will definitely choose a few people from the waiting list. Thus, it appears that the waiting list is the goal for the match at UTSW.

Well, apparently this was wrong. There is one person on the forum who got in through the match. So, admissions people do not always give accurate information....