Does anyone know when Penn, Cornell, and Yale stop sending invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gabujabu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious. Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

oooh, I'm waiting to hear from these schools too, so yah people, give us some info!

ditto!

Waiting on UPenn.

bump bump bump

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you checked your status page at UPenn? I checked mine the other day and got the bad news that way. No interview for me. I should have checked sooner...I've been waiting and waiting to hear.

I still have the following message as of 30 seconds ago. No help here, its been this way for weeks.

Application Status: Complete

Your application is now in the screening process. Complete applications will go through a series of competitive screenings. Interviews will begin in October and continue into March, 2007. Applicants invited for interviews will be notified via email. The Committee on Admissions will make all final decisions in March, 2007.

ALL ADMISSIONS DECISIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED THE WEEK OF MARCH 19.

I still have the following message as of 30 seconds ago. No help here, its been this way for weeks.

Application Status: Complete

Your application is now in the screening process. Complete applications will go through a series of competitive screenings. Interviews will begin in October and continue into March, 2007. Applicants invited for interviews will be notified via email. The Committee on Admissions will make all final decisions in March, 2007.

ALL ADMISSIONS DECISIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED THE WEEK OF MARCH 19.
yup, same for me. I've been staring at that same message since the middle of October. Grr...stop toying with me Penn, just defer me already! :mad:

I am keeping hope alive because someone on this site got a deferred message on their page 2 weeks ago and their application was complete a few weeks after mine. I was hoping there was some meaning in this. I'm not holding my breath, but I'd like to keep the hope alive..

I got an interview invite from yale last thursday (12/14), so as far as I know, they are still rolling out invites

good luck everyone!

I got an interview invite from yale last thursday (12/14), so as far as I know, they are still rolling out invites

good luck everyone!

Congrats! When were you complete there?

Yale:
Complete 9/29
Invite 12/14

Time is flying, it didn't seem like that long ago!
I assume these schools will still send out interview invites until the end of january or first two weeks of february. hang in there! I'm sure itll take a long time just because of the mountain of apps these schools must have gotten in the couple weeks leading up to the 11/15 deadline.

Yale:
Complete 9/29
Invite 12/14

I assume these schools will still send out interview invites until the end of january or first two weeks of february. hang in there! I'm sure itll take a long time just because of the mountain of apps these schools must have gotten in the couple weeks leading up to the 11/15 deadline.

Wow - that is quite a bit of time btw being complete and the interview invite. I know these schools get a lot of applications. I guess we can only just keep waiting. Your story has moved and inspired me to keep hope alive.. :)

Personally, I'm burned out from interviewing and the application process in general, so if these schools are not likely to interview me at this stage or will interview in late February or March, then I'd like to withdraw from them for some closure. :oops:

Yale:
Complete 9/29
Invite 12/14

do u mind sharing ur stats? :D

GoBlue, was the invite through the status page or e-mail/snail mail? Thanks.

they send their invites via email. i got mine on the 14th as well. good luck!:luck:

lol technically yale states you can schedule your own interviews if your in the area, haha i am visiting some friends in new haven, should i schedule my own interview haha.

Personally, I'm burned out from interviewing and the application process in general, so if these schools are not likely to interview me at this stage or will interview in late February or March, then I'd like to withdraw from them for some closure. :oops:

i'm burned out from waiting.

yea i totally feel you. but like the gobluemd said, it does make sense that we should hear back from many schools by end of january. that's only 4 weeks from now! So that will definitely bring some closure (for better or worse). let's hang in there!