Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Does anyone know which D.O. schools if any don't require a secondary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by mikeaparker, Aug 9, 2001.

1. mikeaparker

mikeaparker Senior Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    For example, do any schools only use your AACOMAS Application to decide wheter or not to give you an interview?? If so which ones are they??

Also If anyone happens to know which of the 18 schools, (1) Sends secondaries to everyone, (2) Goes thru a selection process first. I would greatly appreciate it...

Thanks,

Mike

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
  4. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I think there are 19 schools but I could be wrong.. anyway - TUCOM does a screening process first based on GPA and MCAT. You can go to their website to get the exact stats, but they are not overwhelmingly high. :)

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    As Atlas stated, NYCOM grants an applicant an interview based on AACOMAS alone, then you fill out a secondary during the interview day.

PalCareGrl is right.... there are 19 schools and two more are on the works.

I know that DMU does a calculation with GPA and MCAT to grant someone a secondary and interview.

TUCOM, does have a GPA and MCAT minimum for secondary and interview as well.... visit their site and email the director of admission, Dr. Haight, he is very helpful and is easy to approach.

I'm sure there are other schools out there that do this.... Most DO schools go through some kind of screening. I think that the minimum requirements are usually attainable does it appears that some automatically send secondaries.... Good luck.

6. mikeaparker

mikeaparker Senior Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    thanks for the info.... \

Do you know which 2 new schools are in the works????

I heard that there is going to be a new school in blacksburg VA (supposedly not affiliated with VA Tech) that will be opening and accepting the first set of students for the entering class of 2003..

Has anyone else heard this????

Thanks... MIke
    :confused:

7. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    I think the new schools will be located in VA and UT.... There are talks that KCOM is going to set up one also in AZ....

8. DaNugget79

DaNugget79 Senior Member

Papers have been signed for a new school at Va Tech. I think they are supposed to start interviewing next year.