Does anyone know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peetie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of students in your class who don't have their undergrad degree? I know of a bunch of physicians who don't have degrees, but most of them went to med school 20 years ago, and I guess I know some dentists, but that's a totally different subject . . . :D

The reason I ask is b/c I was digging through the MSAR and noticed that probably 1/3 of the schools claim they do not require a degree; some gave stats, though, saying that all their accepted candidates had degrees. After reading that I decided to apply (my stats are decent, i do a lot of volunteer/leadership stuff, but I didn't have any real "research" until this fall - i had a few weeks on the app), and I'm wondering if anyone knows of anyone who actually got in w/o their undergrad degree (besides BS/MD programs).

Thouhgts?

Members don't see this ad.

Never heard of that, might want to call or do more research. I thought it was implied....most everyone here has at least that and more.

I've heard that some schools are like that, but you'd better have a sweet application to make it in w/o a degree.

I've done a bit of research and there are schools that have the claim of no required degree (~55 that I listed), but only 15 had LISTED in the MSAR that they had accepted at least one student early - and one or two of those schools have BS/MD programs, so I'd guess those were the students they are listing. I was just curious if people knew of anyone in their class - the schools are pretty varied, from Boston U to Tulane, Drexel, Wisconsin and others (that let them in early).