does anyone know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dxing

I am currently holding F-1 visa and going to receive green card from Canada. Is green card from Canada going to do me a favor in residency match in US?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by dxing
I am currently holding F-1 visa and going to receive green card from Canada. Is green card from Canada going to do me a favor in residency match in US?

Canada has a "green card"?? Do you mean "landed immigrant" for Canada? Or, are you thinking of Canada as the 50-something state of USA?

Yes, it should be landed immigrant. So, what do you think. will it be better for me to match as a landed immigrant of Canada or H1 holder?

probably depends on your citizenship. It seems from your question that you are neither a Canadian nor an American citizen.

Even if you are a landed immigrant in Canada, you will still need
a H1B (or J1) for your residency.

My own opinion, for what that's worth, once you hold a Canadian landed immigration status, US may look upon your visa application more favorably.

Do you have a H1B already? If so, what are the rules on the portability of the H1B visa? I dont know.