• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

StringerBell

It's the final countdown!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I never filled out the secondary for UMN twin cities. I dont know why I didnt. Mostly lazyness I guess. Anyway just venting.

Sometimes it just happens. I didn't do 3 of my secondaries, but mostly because when I received them, the instructions said that out-of-state acceptances were very few and far between. And since I'm no stellar applicant, I decided to forego applying. And yeah, laziness also has something to do with it. :)

I did end up doing 21 secondaries (MD and DO) overall, though. So hopefully I get some love, somewhere!

Shpamme

status pages confuse me.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
The few schools I did get interviews at I ended up liking a LOT, and I feel really fortunate for that. I'd be thrilled to go to one of them in particular. But I'm still waitlisted, so sigh..YES, I regret not filling a few more secondaries just to be safe (Albany, Case, and Pittsburgh in particular) I just got too tired and discouraged, because by December I hadn't gotten an interview yet--so I was seriously contemplating giving up and didn't end up filling out more secondaries.

I also regret not initially applying to more schools, like MCW and Miami. I didn't even know about these schools somehow. Serves me right for not getting a MSAR or some sort of guidance..or for not being a avid SDN reader before the app cycle. I also had no idea you could add more schools to your AMCAS until the deadlines for each respective school. So..you're definitely not alone.

About the Ads

Quix

Herr Professor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2006
Lake Charles, LA
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
I ended up not filling out the secondaries for four schools as it was getting too late in the application cycle and I was working on too many projects to devote the time necessary.

Nomemory

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Once the rejections started coming in I really lost hope and couldn't bring myself to finish a few of my secondaries. I truly thought that I was wasting my time (my stats are kinda sketchy) and I couldn't manufacture one more drop of optimism or hope.

I regret it now that I've received a couple interviews because I think I could've had a chance at those schools. Live and learn, I guess. :oops:

If I have to reapply next cycle, I'll definitely do a lot of things differently.

Beckie1022

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2006
Berkeley, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Duke's secondary came in way later than all of the other ones. It also had like six essays with no maximum number of words. I got an acceptance to another school shortly after I received the secondary, so I never bothered with it, which I don't regret.

HumbleMD

hmmmm...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
East Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I regret not going on my OHSU interview, especially after the big rejection from UW. Goodbye Pacific Northwest :( .

Doc Henry

blowin' in the wind
10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I regret not going on my OHSU secondary, especially after the big rejection from UW. Goodbye Pacific Northwest :( .

I haven't applied yet, but I just wanted to say how much I want to smack you! (Not to be harsh or anything)I want to go to OHSU so so so bad!!!!! Wish me luck for 2008:)

melissainsd

10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I didn't get the UCI secondary until Dec 1st. By then I was no longer in essay writting mode (plus I am OOS so it was a long shot anyway). I don't know, I sort of feel like it was bad karma though...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.