Does anyone think AAMC VErbal is harder than EK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nyphool

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been consistently scoring high 8's and low 9's on EK however, i have been also consistently scoring 6's and 7's on AAMC's. The AAMC's just seem to be more vauge. I dont think Ek resembles aamc's. What does everyone else think?

Members don't see this ad.

Compared to Kaplan VR, EK resembles AAMC much more in term of question types, both EK and AAMC VR are very hard I have to say. AAMC VR is the most difficult VR I have come across. From 3R - 8R the difficulty keeps increasing.

I usually score 10s and 9s on EK have even scored an 11 once but consistently score 8 and sometimes 9 on AAMCs :(

I'm not sure what happened. My verbal score has been spiralling downwards since I first started studying. I was getting 10s consistently on the EKs and Kaplan tests and then i started getting 8s and 9s consistently. I just got my score back on the last proctored Kaplan full-length (#5) and got a 7 wtf

clenny said:
I usually score 10s and 9s on EK have even scored an 11 once but consistently score 8 and sometimes 9 on AAMCs :(

I'm not sure what happened. My verbal score has been spiralling downwards since I first started studying. I was getting 10s consistently on the EKs and Kaplan tests and then i started getting 8s and 9s consistently. I just got my score back on the last proctored Kaplan full-length (#5) and got a 7 wtf

I'm the reverse, I score 9 and above on AAMC but I score like 6 or 7 on my EK exams because I keep missing stupid things do to stupid mistakes etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I miss 19 on EK VR no matter what.. I think the last 7 tests I have taken I have missed 19 questions. Weird huh?

Got an 8 on AAMC 7..

Hoping for a 10 on the real deal. We'll see.

On EK tests I get 9's about 2/3 of the time and 8's the other 1/3.
On the AAMC tests I took I got 8's

Nyphool said:
I have been consistently scoring high 8's and low 9's on EK however, i have been also consistently scoring 6's and 7's on AAMC's. The AAMC's just seem to be more vauge. I dont think Ek resembles aamc's. What does everyone else think?

i took the mcat last august after the princeton review class...i usually scored around 8-9 whenever I did a princeton verbal section or one of the AAMC tests, but whenever I did the EK tests I always scored between 9-11...on the actual MCAT, I got an 11 on verbal. obviously, you can take this with a grain of salt because everyone is different, but for me EK was more indicative of the actual test...

and on another note, good luck to you all this saturday! believe me, i know how much of a bitch this test is