Does anyone want to share an apartment with me at USyd?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alphonsine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I looked into the housing situation in Sydney. Some main pointers:

(1) it's ridiculously hard to get into on-campus housing at Sydney. I applied for the Sydney University Village (the big, new on campus housing site) and I was put on the wait list.

(2) Housing in Sydney is much cheaper if you have at least 1 other roommate. For the same rate as finding a shoddy 1 bedroom apartment/studio, you can rent a luxury 2-3 bedroom apartment. No kidding.

Is anyone interested in sharing an apartment with me? I'm female, quiet, & very clean and tidy.

Please PM me if you're very interested. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You should look into the units in Chippendale and Glebe. Do a search on www.domain.com.au

I haven't lived near USyd for a while but there should be some 2-3 bedroom units that work out to be less than 200 per week if you share.

I'll probably be looking for 2-3 roommates, but I don't think I'll be getting an apartment until I've already been in Sydney for a week or so; I'm staying with some relatives until then.

Members don't see this ad :)
USyd is right next to the CBD, its technically in the inner west but that is the reason why rents are so expensive there. I just found a place in Bondi that is going to be about $500 a week.
You can probably go a little further out west and get slightly lower rents but you will wind up traveling longer to go to uni. I actually heard Leichardt is a nice area for students, a bit further than Glebe but not too bad.
Its a good idea if you can organize yourselves with fellow students and find an apartment or house to share, that will be way better than traditional share accommodation, I can tell you some horror stories about my own experiences with it, one time at the house I was sharing with several other students there was a police raid, I didn't get in trouble but its kind of uncomfortable to find out that your housemate has some issues with the law, the dude had about several large bags of marijuana in his bedroom.

Hi,

I'll be looking for a roommate or two in January as well. I'm planning on getting to Sydney the week of the 19th and start looking for flats then while I stay with a friend. A friend of mine told me it took them 2 1/2 weeks of looking every day to find a flat, and that you need a dossier of sorts when you show up (cover letter, supporting financial documenation, etc). It sounds daunting, but if there's more people looking to share, it could be much easier to find something decent.

I'm used to sharing an apartment, been doing it for four years now. I was thinking of trying to find a place around Newtown since I've heard good things about the area (and apparently it's a lot like my neighborhood now in Montreal), but I'd for sure be open to other suggestions. About me: I'm female, used to living with guys and girls, tidy, social...but obviously when work needs to get done I'm quiet and studious! PM me if you're interested.

hello all..i'm currently looking for a place for the coming academic year..i'm planning on arriving at syd mid jan, will be crashing a friend's place for a wee while while i look for a place. I'm male, 26, tidy and quite, PM me if interested