Does being in/leading a food cooperative count as an extra-curricular?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted989271

Hey y'all! Last year (my junior year) I joined a campus food cooperative, where we're divided into groups and take turns cooking each week. I also became the general manager (getting people to do chores, assigning people to different days/jobs, liaising with the school, etc.) early last year, which obviously ended after we got kicked off campus due to covid in mid-march. Would this count as an EC? I'm sure the general manager role would since its a leadership role, but suppose I wasn't the GM, would being in a food co-op even count? I'm hesistant since technically I needed it to survive, and I'm sure people who cook for themselves don't write that as an EC on their app, but then the co-op is technically a student group? Would love some third part perspective. Thank you!

Edit: Should mention that I really enjoy cooking and even grew up working in a family restaurant, which may (or may not) tie in with my application theme IDK yet (i'm still two years out from applying).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user