Does CCOM have 3rd/4th yr radiology rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

howtofr4y

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I must be missing something on their website, where they don't mention any kind of radiology (diagnostic or rad-onc) under the list of elective rotations. So...any CCOMers want to let me know if you can do rad rotations?

Copy-paste from website:
"Students must complete and successfully pass required clinical rotations in the following disciplines: family medicine, internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, psychiatry, osteopathic manipulative medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, and emergency medicine. These rotations cannot be done at out-of-system sites.

Students must also complete elective rotations in recognized fields of medicine that include the following areas: anesthesiology, cardiology, family medicine (division of community medicine), osteopathic manipulative medicine additional rotation, dermatology, emergency medicine (additional rotation), gastroenterology, hematology/oncology, infectious disease, nephrology, neurology, neurosurgery, nuclear medicine/endocrinology/metabolism, obstetrics/gynecology (clinical and/or elective at Olympia Fields), ophthalmology, orthopedic surgery, otorhinolaryngology, pathology, rheumatology/immunology, general surgery (additional rotation), cardiovascular/thoracic surgery, and urology."

Members don't see this ad.

I must be missing something on their website, where they don't mention any kind of radiology (diagnostic or rad-onc) under the list of elective rotations. So...any CCOMers want to let me know if you can do rad rotations?

Copy-paste from website:
"Students must complete and successfully pass required clinical rotations in the following disciplines: family medicine, internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, psychiatry, osteopathic manipulative medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, and emergency medicine. These rotations cannot be done at out-of-system sites.

Students must also complete elective rotations in recognized fields of medicine that include the following areas: anesthesiology, cardiology, family medicine (division of community medicine), osteopathic manipulative medicine additional rotation, dermatology, emergency medicine (additional rotation), gastroenterology, hematology/oncology, infectious disease, nephrology, neurology, neurosurgery, nuclear medicine/endocrinology/metabolism, obstetrics/gynecology (clinical and/or elective at Olympia Fields), ophthalmology, orthopedic surgery, otorhinolaryngology, pathology, rheumatology/immunology, general surgery (additional rotation), cardiovascular/thoracic surgery, and urology."

It's elective rotations...you get to choose to do them whether it is listed under CCOM's list or not. The site only states that students must complete their electives in recognized field such as...cardiology, FM, Anes..etc. It does not list radiology but that doesnt mean it is not a recognized field or you cant go and do a rotation in that field.