Does DO schools waive secondary application fee with FAP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laito

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that there are MD schools that waive the secondary fees if one was approved for FAP. Does DO schools have similar policy? Does anyone have a list of schools that do this? Lastly, should we contact those schools directly to request for an waiver or is it automatically waived? Thanks alot!

Members don't see this ad.

Many schools will indeed waive the secondary fees.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Many schools will indeed waive the secondary fees.
So if we qualify for the Fee Assistance Waiver, we would get the secondary fees waived for most/all of the schools we applied to? Since the waiver from AACOMAS only waives up to 3 schools ($265)

So if we qualify for the Fee Assistance Waiver, we would get the secondary fees waived for most/all of the schools we applied to? Since the waiver from AACOMAS only waives up to 3 schools ($265)

yeah. The real savings from the fee waiver are from having the secondary fees waived.

Do you know if the waiver is automatically applied? Or should I contact each school to ask for a waiver? Thank you!

each school is different. some secondaries will straight up ask if you got the fee waiver, other schools like AZCOM/CCOM will have you call/email in for them to bypass making you pay the waiver in their system before you submit. Other schools like NOVA will ask that you pay the fee, and then claim that they will reimburse you back. (I paid last year and have yet to receive it back).

Last edited: