Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

does getting an earlier interview mean that you are more likely to be wait listed?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by deano, Oct 26, 2002.

1. deano

deano Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone knows about your chances of being wait listed if you are interviewed in the month of October. Do they like to wait list more during this month? Anyone?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Avonlea

Avonlea Member
    7+ Year Member

No, having an october date doesn't mean anything but excellenct news. The only time I hear of people getting waitlisted is when the school tells you they'll give you notice of acceptance/rejection/waitlist a month after you're interview, but waitlisted/rejected people usually get their letters before the accepted group gets their's.

4. njdesi

njdesi Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey:

Avonlea is right on! I interviewed with many fellow SDNers on 9/27 at AZCOM (which I did not jive with whatsoever, not a fan of Arizona, interview went so-so) and got the letter of waitlist weeks before acceptees. I also got a rejection from CCOM which turned me off to Midwestern U even more! CCOM did not give me a fair chance and did not even wait for my August MCAT scores.
    I just got 3 more interviews at UHS, LECOM, and PCOM. My interview with TUCOM is 11/4. I think PCOM and TUCOM are comprable to CCOMs standards. Who knows! But good luck!

NJDESI