Does getting rejected from Albany mean all is lost?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agirl1986

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
-I have a 30 MCAT, 3.35 GPA
-I'm currently getting my Masters at Columbia for the 2008-2009 school year
-I have excellent LORs, ECs, Personal statement, etc

I have gotten rejected from Albany, Wake Forest, and Boston University pre interview.

According to MSAR, Albany has pretty much the same criteria as most of the other schools I applied to, so is all lost?

I know that's a hard question, but I'm feeling pretty nervous....

Each school is looking for there own unique "fit" in an applicant, it can very bewildering as to why some schools like us and some schools don't. Hang in there as long as you haven't been rejected by all the schools you applied to there is always hope!!! :luck::luck::luck:

I'll be blunt: your GPA is low, and your MCAT is below average for matriculants. I'm not saying you're screwed, but you're definitely a bit of a longshot for admission. All is not lost, though. Hopefully you'll land an interview or 6 some time soon and destroy it. All it takes is one.

Members don't see this ad :)
You also must remember that many of these schools that people look at as well within reach (3.6GPA, 31 MCAT) get the most applications because so many people fall into this range numbers wise and a lot with higher stats use it as a "safety." Some of these schools are pushing 10,000 applications and they might offer 300 or so acceptance to get their class of 150. So even if you match up well, it takes a lot of luck, the right person reading your app, something. I would never say all's lost until you get that final rejection. When I applied a few years ago I got only 1 interview, didn't get it until the end of March, and got in. But given your stats, I would begin formulating a plan B for next year that addresses your numerical statistics.

I've been rejected by schools with average numbers significantly lower than mine and interviewed at schools with averages several points above, so you definitely still have hope. Hang in there!

No all is not lost!! As somebody said before, until you get the final rejection, you still have a chance. Still have a plan B in mind (maybe because I am a person who almost always have a plan B), but never give up, no matter what anybody tells you.

Hang in there!;)