Does GWU screen before sending secondaries??!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmy614

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't get it....... My AMCAS was verified August 28th and still no word from GWU-george washington university. Do they screen before sending out secondaries? Some people have already been accepted there and they haven't even sent a word to me :(.........

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely call them as soon as possible.

They send out secondaries automatically after your primary even before you are verified. Check your inbox and see if you were sent anything when you first submitted your primary application,

Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my god! I didn't know....I'll call them tomorrow. God, do they send secondaries by email? My email's fine other schools have sent correspondence,...my chances now at this school are likely slim to none...its so unfair, I submitted my amcas in July too....I want to cry.

don't cry, even if you send your stuff early, chances of being interviewed will still be slim to none. I think they will get 15000 applications this year.

don't cry, even if you send your stuff early, chances of being interviewed will still be slim to none. I think they will get 15000 applications this year.

I'd say it's about 5-10% if she is like the average applicant which isn't great but not that much lower than most schools.

Why are you applying to med schools if you are pre-pharm?

Does it matter? I am pre-med but I'm using my baby sister's pre-pharm account.......

Definitely call them as soon as possible.

They send out secondaries automatically after your primary even before you are verified. Check your inbox and see if you were sent anything when you first submitted your primary application,

Good Luck!!

I just scanned my inbox and nothing from them ever! NYMC, etc. all sent me secondaries automatically like the day after but not GWU. God I feel so stupid. All this time I thought they screened....

Does it matter? I am pre-med but I'm using my baby sister's pre-pharm account.......

Yeah, you should go for it if you want to attend. Fill out the secondary now and call tomorrow.

there must be some glitch. i got the secondary email like 5 minutes after my AMCAS was complete.

Thanks for the link..I just read it. So, do I have to wait for them to email me the secondary, user ID or something or can I just fill it out tonite and get it ready for mailing tomorrow?

You can fill it out now (the only ID #'s you need are our AMCAS ID and a number you get after you pay your secondary fee online), but call tomorrow anyway to make sure you are in their system. Good luck!

wow...I think I'm going to throw up.

don't do that. i assume you applied to a lot of other schools. most of us have been rejected or put on "hold" (me) by GW anyway. get your secondary in and join the crowd!! no biggie.