Does having an interview in January mean that it is for a waitlist spot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chromatic543

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have applied to many Osteopathic schools this cycle and have snagged two interviews. However, the two interviews (ACOM and ATSU-SOMA) are both in January. Do a lot of people get accepted in January or are these interviews generally for waitlists? I didn't think too much about it until now, and it is beginning to stress me out.

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you have an interview you have a chance...several people at my school weren't interviewed until almost February

That’s probably not the case for January interviews. If you’d like more peace of mind, check out the school-specific discussions for previous cycles.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have applied to many Osteopathic schools this cycle and have snagged two interviews. However, the two interviews (ACOM and ATSU-SOMA) are both in January. Do a lot of people get accepted in January or are these interviews generally for waitlists? I didn't think too much about it until now, and it is beginning to stress me out.

For ACOM, if your interview is in January, it's for a spot in the class.

A few years back when I applied and got an interview for ATSU-SOMA, I scheduled an interview in the winter, but I pushed it back to late March/early April because I was waiting for my SO's match results. By then in the spring, ATSU-SOMA sent me an email saying that I would be interviewing for a waitlist spot, but a guarantee acceptance to the next cycle's class.

Depends on the school. For UNECOM yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some school may hold a number of seats to accept the late interviews but most of the seats are filled by then as the adcoms need to fill their class.

I've had interviews for waitlist spots in February. It really depends on the school, in most cases the waitlist interviews happen in late March.