Status
Post Doc
do those count for the pre reqs for MD school

aster

10+ Year Member
May 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Nope. Take upper level Bio and Chem courses if your AP credits are accepted.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2007
Status
Medical Student
idk about you but even if they did...I would have been very crappily prepared for the MCAT....Ap courses are supposed to be like college courses but they arent.

Textuality

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I AP-ed out of intro bio and chem, let me graduate a year early :) I did take upper level bio courses and biochem though, which you'll probably need to do if you decide not to do the intro bio and chem.

bodonid

Dr. Spaceman
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I got 8 hours of credit each for physics, biology, and chemistry. I took upper level credits in each of these subjects, and I was prepared for the MCAT. You don't have to retake, but 1) make sure you know what you are doing, and 2) make sure your med school of choice will accept whatever you end up with.

katarzyna

neutrino. neutritious?
10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2008
Flowrida.
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
idk about you but even if they did...I would have been very crappily prepared for the MCAT....Ap courses are supposed to be like college courses but they arent.

for some reason i find ap classes harder than college courses.

seriously.

hehe. i bombed my AP Bio. I aced Bio 2.

mvenus929

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Some med schools will accept them as pre-reqs, and some won't. I know Columbia, for instance, does not take AP credits for Biology or Chemistry, and I don't think the UCs take them at all.

Take an upper division class with a lab if at all possible, especially for biology. Chemistry you may be able to get out of, but consider it anyway.